Windows 10: Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:

Discus and support Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got files off the internet that I need to put in my Laptop ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeRodak, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:

I got files off the internet that I need to put in my Laptop ?

:)

GeorgeRodak, Nov 25, 2019

2. How to use Scandisk on Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run Scandisk.

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
    • In the File Explorer window, click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • A list of drives is displayed on the right side of the window. Right-click on the drive you want to run Scandisk on and select
      Properties.
    • In the Properties window, click on the Tools tab.
    • Click the Check button in the Error Checking section.
    • The computer needs to restart to run Scandisk without any interruptions.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post your query for further assistance.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 25, 2019
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:

f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:

1. Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C: - Similar Threads - Transfer files scandisk

2. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  3. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  4. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Transferring 'Documents' folder/files from C to D drive

Transferring 'Documents' folder/files from C to D drive: As the title says, I'm trying to move the folder to my D drive as my C drive has been rapidly losing storage not sure why, any tips on that? and so I wanted to free up space. Well, I was advised that I can redirect the 'documents' folder by right clicking the folder, going to...
  6. Transferring files from C: to D:?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from C: to D:?: Hello all. I need to free up some storage on my C drive and I was wondering if it is safe to transfer files from the C to D drive. If so, what files would be good to transfer from my c to d? Program files? NVIDIA driver files? Not sure what would be safe to transfer from one...
  7. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  8. Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive: How to transfer files from C drove to USB drive if the windows is not booting due to some issues in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-files-from-c-drive-to-usb-drive/de8664a6-4343-4568-b253-1cf09bbb586a
  9. Transfer of files from external harddrive

Transfer of files from external harddrive: I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good working order and all cables have been checked. I have tried turning everything off and restarting. I have done everything...
  10. Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Local Drive changed from C to F: Can anyone assist me to change a Local drive to C from F? Basically I had trouble with my PC and it kept crashing. Microsoft helped to reset Windows 10 but the Drivers are not the same as they were before. Before they were: C (Local), D, E, F. But now they are: F (Local),...