Windows 10: Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive

Discus and support Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this has been addressed in some variations, but I want to make sure, because I'll do it remotely for a friend in another state... Transfer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Muxthepux, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive

I know this has been addressed in some variations, but I want to make sure, because I'll do it remotely for a friend in another state...

Transfer to be done via external USB drive, files are mainly Outlook and other Office files, Quickbooks files.
    My guess (didn't have a W7 since years and upgraded, not transferred) that files are located in (username)> Documents.

Or can I just backup-restore the folders under the user?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Muxthepux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Muxthepux, Aug 2, 2020
  2. DANAGORR Win User

Transfer of Win 10 via usb to a laptop with no os

Thanks. But what if I only intend to run win10 on one computer? That is transfer its files from the one it's downloaded on via usb to another. I intend to keep Win 7 on the original computer that Win 10 files would be transferred from.

DANAGORR, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10

can I use easy transfer in win 7 using an external hard drive and then transfer the files to a new laptop with win 10 installed. If so ,how--details please. Just want transfer personal files, documents, favorites, pictures ,etc.

JosephRitter/mudd, Aug 2, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive

1. Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive - Similar Threads - Transfer Files via

2. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  3. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue: I currently run Win 7. I just purchased Win 10. I plugged in the USB drive to begin the setup per the instructions however no new device was visable to open. I checked device manager and it shows as an unknown device and I can't seem to locate a driver to make the USB drive...
  4. Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! :: I'm hoping someone can help me! I am attempting to transfer documents from my Win 7 laptop to my new Win 10 Pro and there is no "Homegroup" for easy transfers like there is in Win 7! Surely Microsoft would not have forgotten such an important feature! Windows 7 was soooo...
  5. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  6. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  7. Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10: I regularly backed up Windows 7, but when I tried to restore those files to Windows 10 I failed. The message is: "\\?\Volume{fe3e2aCa-afca-11e9-8293-00d8613863cd}\ADO-PC\Backup Set 2019-06-03-180002\Backup files 1931p" There are of course several backup sets but...
  8. transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?: my first computer was a windows 7 with backup monthly even weekly but after a couple of years I can't access the files and pictures also music files I would like to transfer these files to my new computer with windows 10 OS and I need help * Moved from Edge...
  9. Win 7 USB drive not showing in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 7 USB drive not showing in Win 10: Hi. I have just handed back my work laptop (Win7) and cannot read the USB drive on my home laptop (Win10). I have tried Device Manager and Disk Management approaches. The latter states that my drive has not been initialised. (Which cannot be correct, as I have written...
  10. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7 Fresh (Via USB) to much problem

Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7 Fresh (Via USB) to much problem: Hello everyone. i want to Downgrade to Win 7. i cannot downgrade direct from Control Panel because i have installed Fresh Win 10. My DVD ROM not working so i have USB option only. i am confused in UEFI setting and all. i am have done google but i am not getting those Setting...