Windows 10: Transfer files to USB stick

Discus and support Transfer files to USB stick in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaFinch75, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Transfer files to USB stick

I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing happens when I put the usb stick in the computer. I don't have a clue how to do this. Any help would be welcome.

:)

LindaFinch75, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 13, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Transfer files to USB stick

How can I transfer photos and videos that are on my PCs Windows 10 to a USB stick

Hi,

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Connect the USB stick to the computer.

2. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

3. Click "this pc".

4. Navigate to the location where the photos/videos are stored.

5. To transfer a particular photos/video, right click on it and select Send to > USB stick.

- To transfer everything, press Ctrl key + A, right click and follow above step.

- You can also right click > copy > and paste it in the USB stick directly.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Transfer files to USB stick

1. Transfer files to USB stick - Similar Threads - Transfer files USB

2. Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick: A search about this with Google, shows that a lot of people experience this - but is Microsoft taking it serious and do something about it I don't think so?Right now I am sitting in front of my Desktop computer and wants to copy a one! file from my Western Digital Black SN850...
  3. Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow File Transfer in Windows 11 to USB Memory stick: A search about this with Google, shows that a lot of people experience this - but is Microsoft taking it serious and do something about it I don't think so?Right now I am sitting in front of my Desktop computer and wants to copy a one! file from my Western Digital Black SN850...
  4. Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?: Hi there, I'm wondering if someone could help me? I am trying to transfer high resolution images to a USB stick. I'm just trying to back all the images up to ensure that I have a second copy. All the images are downloaded to by laptop and all open correctly, however when I...
  5. Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?: Hi there, I'm wondering if someone could help me? I am trying to transfer high resolution images to a USB stick. I'm just trying to back all the images up to ensure that I have a second copy. All the images are downloaded to by laptop and all open correctly, however when I...
  6. Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transferring from an Audio CD to a USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring from an Audio CD to a USB memory stick: How do you copy an audio CD to a USB memory stick? I have got as far as ripping the tracks on Windows Media Player, just cannot work out how to transfer them to the memory stick....
  8. losing metadata when transferring video files to usb stick

in Windows 10 Support
    losing metadata when transferring video files to usb stick: Recently, i obtained a 2tb usb stick. I connected to usb slot on my desktop computer (64 bit-windows 10) I started transferring files and folders from other drives to free up space. Folders and files disappeared, and other files didn't play. Some would. I saw that the usb...
  9. Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching: Hello All, At our business we transfer files to multiple memory sticks on the same PC. We're running windows 10, and have two USB extender hubs which have 4 usb ports each. I've found on multiple windows 10 PCs, that over time bugs develop in the transfers which causes a few...
  10. Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple USB memory stick transfers gitching: Hello All, At our business we transfer files to multiple memory sticks on the same PC. We're running windows 10, and have two USB extender hubs which have 4 usb ports each. I've found on multiple windows 10 PCs, that over time bugs develop in the transfers which causes a few...