Windows 10: transfer files

Discus and support transfer files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; best way to transfer files to my new windows 10 computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pepper32, Dec 9, 2018.

1. pepper32 Win User

transfer files

best way to transfer files to my new windows 10 computer

:)

pepper32, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Dec 9, 2018
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Dec 9, 2018
  4. transfer files

File transfer

Hi Paul,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Files are automatically transferred to the new operating system when you upgrade therefore, you need not transfer anything. If you created a backup before you initiated the upgrade, you could've restored the files should there be any data loss. However,
    if there are some missing files, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested above and check if you are able to retrieve the files.

Hope this helps.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

transfer files

1. transfer files - Similar Threads - transfer files

2. How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I improve wired PC to wired PC file transfers: Hello everyone, I have a laptop wired to my router via ethernet transferring files over the network to my desktop also wired directly to the router. I'm on Spectrum's 400 Mbps connection using their supplied router and modem. Both PC's are running Windows 10 with all...
  3. How to I fix this problem while trying to transfer files from iOS to Windows 10 laptop.

How to I fix this problem while trying to transfer files from iOS to Windows 10 laptop.: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to transfer folders and pictures from my iPhone 7 Plus to my Dell Latitude 3490 windows 10 laptop, but this problem showed up....
  4. best medium to transfer files from pc to mobile without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best medium to transfer files from pc to mobile without internet: any exe you prefer which is best for files transfer as all methods like usb cable transfer has a risk of virus transfer bluetooth method takes very much time suggest me any other method like shareit app or any...
  5. best medium to transfer files from pc to mobile ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best medium to transfer files from pc to mobile ??: best medium to transfer files from pc to mobile ?? any app or extension available on both pc and mobile which is used to transfer files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-medium-to-transfer-files-from-pc-to-mobile/31b47084-574e-452c-81c8-4f59626fc4d0
  6. when i transfer office files from

when i transfer office files from: when I copy files from one computer to another or from a flash drive, all Office files become Read-Only. How do I stop or avoid this from happening? I do not want the transferred files prior to become Read-Only...they were not originally....
  7. How do you transfer files to Pocket PC using Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you transfer files to Pocket PC using Win10?: So, I have old Pocket PC which I used to connect via ActiveSync. This app us not supported by the Win10... I have found some advices on stackoverflow, but none of them worked... Any ideas how to copy files to Pocket PC? Thanks submitted by /u/iBo0m [link] [comments]...
  8. App file transfer

App file transfer: Hello i would like to transfer one of my files to an app to do things if i could get the information on how to do that i would be every happy so please can you give me the information? Thanks....
  9. how do I transfer video files to fire tablet

how do I transfer video files to fire tablet: How do I transfer files to fire tablet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-video-files-to-fire-tablet/3f64f7c3-27b4-4be2-8f05-64579edd1f29
  10. File transfer of many files slows to 0 bytes after over an hour of transfer

File transfer of many files slows to 0 bytes after over an hour of transfer: what the title says; I can confirm the files aren't corrupted and aren't system files. I'm transferring hundreds of gigabytes of data. I'm suffering from severe stress and anxiety, and it's very important to me that this goes smoothly the next time I attempt it. Please help....