Windows 10: Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

Discus and support Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife was given her machine from work which had a windows enterprise license. I am having it restored to factory settings but was told by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WendellStavig, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

My wife was given her machine from work which had a windows enterprise license. I am having it restored to factory settings but was told by the technician it would need a new OS key because the enterprise key would no longer work because it would not get security updates. 1. Is this correct information?2. Do I have to buy a new key? If so, will it remember the new key when later needs refreshing or is the Enterprise key going to come back? I was thinking the OS key was in the firmware or motherboard.3 If we have an older unused laptop can its key be transferred to this new machine?Your as

:)

WendellStavig, Feb 4, 2023

2. os license transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-window...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2023
  3. OS License

Hi,

I've a laptop running ubuntu OS, I am planning to buy a new Windows 10 pro License and wish to test first on VMWare VM running on same laptop prior installing directly on laptop, so looking to know if same license key can be used to activate OS firstly on VM
    and then as base OS on same laptop?

Thanks

RajeevBhola, Feb 4, 2023
  4. 95Viper Win User

Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

95Viper, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

1. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing - Similar Threads - Transfer Enterprise licensing

2. OS license requirement for VDI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS license requirement for VDI: Hi,We are deploying a VDI on Citrix. Planning to use Windows 10 / 11 as operating system.We currently have M365 Business premium subscription, which comes with Windows for Business entitlement. Would this license be enough or do we need additional licenses for Operating...
  3. OS license requirement for VDI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS license requirement for VDI: Hi,We are deploying a VDI on Citrix. Planning to use Windows 10 / 11 as operating system.We currently have M365 Business premium subscription, which comes with Windows for Business entitlement. Would this license be enough or do we need additional licenses for Operating...
  4. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing: My wife was given her machine from work which had a windows enterprise license. I am having it restored to factory settings but was told by the technician it would need a new OS key because the enterprise key would no longer work because it would not get security updates. 1....
  5. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing: My wife was given her machine from work which had a windows enterprise license. I am having it restored to factory settings but was told by the technician it would need a new OS key because the enterprise key would no longer work because it would not get security updates. 1....
  6. OS Upgrade with Digital License

OS Upgrade with Digital License: Hi, I'm looking for some information regarding the Digital License tied to the UEFI on a Dell Computer. My company accidentally purchased a few Dell PC's with Windows 10 Home on them 20 to be exact and we need to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro, create a master image and then...
  7. Windows 10 OS licensing

Windows 10 OS licensing: I need to purchase Win 10 OS for a small office, basically 10 or less users. This is on an isolated system, no network access for download of OS. What is the best license option for me to purchase?...
  8. OS License

OS License: Hi, I've a laptop running ubuntu OS, I am planning to buy a new Windows 10 pro License and wish to test first on VMWare VM running on same laptop prior installing directly on laptop, so looking to know if same license key can be used to activate OS firstly on VM and then as...
  9. OS License for Students

OS License for Students: Hey there! So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install Windows...
  10. Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license: Just purchased a Surface Pro 7 with Home for a new user, and I want them to use the Enterprise license I assigned to him through the Office Portal. There's no way to add a Home computer to Azure AD directly. So I found another site to use a trial volume key to get the...