Windows 10: Transfer from old to new

Discus and support Transfer from old to new in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm shopping for a new desk top pc and will want to transfer info from old to new. Windows 10 I have anti virus protection, do I still have to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dearelliot, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Transfer from old to new

I'm shopping for a new desk top pc and will want to transfer info from old to new. Windows 10
    I have anti virus protection, do I still have to be concerned about transferring virus to new PC. and is there software that makes that easy to do.
    I am 86 and very slow.

:)

dearelliot, Oct 16, 2020

2. Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, Oct 16, 2020
  3. LDFsom Win User
    Transfer data from Nokia 635 Handset to Microsoft Lumia 650

Got new Lumia 650 which transferred contacts & their details ok but can't transfer following:

• All photos on old mobile.
    • Can't get Google on new phone?
    • Missing Aol app for my emails.
    Can anyone give simple suggestions on how I might transfer these items from old mobile to new, please?

LDFsom, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Transfer from old to new

Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Hi,

To transfer files from your old laptop to your new one, you can use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive or a thumb drive. Follow the steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port of your laptop.
    • Wait for the laptop to detect the USB drive.
    • Open a window for the files that you want to transfer and another window for the USB drive.
    • Select the files that you want to transfer, right-click and then click on
      Cut
      or Copy.
    • On the destination window, right-click and select Paste.
    • Make sure that files are completely transferred before removing the USB flash drive.
    • Insert the USB into your new laptop.
    • Access the files once the USB drive is detected.
    • Repeat the same procedure on how you transferred or copied the files from your old laptop to the flash drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Transfer from old to new

1. Transfer from old to new - Similar Threads - Transfer old

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?: Hello Everyone, I Recently Purchase Lenovo Laptop Which Was Running On Window 10 Enterprise. Then I Linked My Microsoft Account To It, And My Window Is Activated With Key Linked To My Microsoft Account But Unfortunately I Forgot the Password Of My Microsoft Account And I...
  5. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?: Hello Everyone, I Recently Purchase Lenovo Laptop Which Was Running On Window 10 Enterprise. Then I Linked My Microsoft Account To It, And My Window Is Activated With Key Linked To My Microsoft Account But Unfortunately I Forgot the Password Of My Microsoft Account And I...
  6. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

7. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  8. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  9. Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home: I have an old laptop running on Win 10 Home that came with it. Although I'm eligible for the free upgrade to Win 11, system requirements are not met. I'm in the process of assembling a new PC. Wondering if there is any way to install Win 11 in new PC and activate it using the...
  10. Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home

Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home: I have an old laptop running on Win 10 Home that came with it. Although I'm eligible for the free upgrade to Win 11, system requirements are not met. I'm in the process of assembling a new PC. Wondering if there is any way to install Win 11 in new PC and activate it using the...