Windows 10: Transfer from old to new

Discus and support Transfer from old to new in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm shopping for a new desk top pc and will want to transfer info from old to new. Windows 10 I have anti virus protection, do I still have to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dearelliot, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Transfer from old to new

I'm shopping for a new desk top pc and will want to transfer info from old to new. Windows 10
    I have anti virus protection, do I still have to be concerned about transferring virus to new PC. and is there software that makes that easy to do.
    I am 86 and very slow.

:)

dearelliot, Oct 16, 2020

2. Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, Oct 16, 2020
  3. LDFsom Win User
    Transfer data from Nokia 635 Handset to Microsoft Lumia 650

Got new Lumia 650 which transferred contacts & their details ok but can't transfer following:

• All photos on old mobile.
    • Can't get Google on new phone?
    • Missing Aol app for my emails.
    Can anyone give simple suggestions on how I might transfer these items from old mobile to new, please?

LDFsom, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Transfer from old to new

Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Hi,

To transfer files from your old laptop to your new one, you can use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive or a thumb drive. Follow the steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port of your laptop.
    • Wait for the laptop to detect the USB drive.
    • Open a window for the files that you want to transfer and another window for the USB drive.
    • Select the files that you want to transfer, right-click and then click on
      Cut
      or Copy.
    • On the destination window, right-click and select Paste.
    • Make sure that files are completely transferred before removing the USB flash drive.
    • Insert the USB into your new laptop.
    • Access the files once the USB drive is detected.
    • Repeat the same procedure on how you transferred or copied the files from your old laptop to the flash drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Transfer from old to new

1. Transfer from old to new - Similar Threads - Transfer old

2. Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive: Not sure if this is the right place, but dk where else to ask. I got a new external hard-drive and I'm trying to transfer the stuff from my old one, but having a very difficult time. I tried googling my problem and saw others with a similar problem, and apparently there's an...
  3. Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?

Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?: Sorry for the dumb question, but my dad recently gave me his computer which has windows 10 Pro inside of its hard drive (he doesnt have an ssd). I also just realized that windows 10 is not a free OS after 18 long years. Knowing this fact, Im not really willing into spending...
  4. Windows 10 pro license transfer between my old laptop and new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro license transfer between my old laptop and new laptop: Hi, I have bought the new DELL XPS 15 9500 about two months ago, this the laptop comes with windows 10 home pre-installed into it, so upgraded the pre-installed version to windows 10 pro, thought Microsoft website, I paid for it about USD139. As all know the new DELL XPS...
  5. transfer data from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  6. How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10: I bought a new windows 10 computer. I want to integrate my old system drive into my new computer. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-old-system-files-from-old/6f003fc5-b49e-48c2-bf85-87f4f5e60db3
  7. How to transfer apps from old admin account to the new one without reinstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer apps from old admin account to the new one without reinstalling: I made a new administrator account and want my apps to get there. Is it possible to transfer all the settings and apps from the old account to a new one without installation...
  8. How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?: Have transferred the desktop file to new laptop but what I have is the folder with all the icons from the old. What I want to do is see the "icons" in the new laptop's desktop. What I have is a desktop folder in my new laptop: [ATTACH]...
  9. transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10: how to transfer files from old laptop to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop-in-windows/dcea54a4-2b16-4836-89ba-d41ac607e81d
  10. Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...

Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...: submitted by /u/THE_REAL_MR_BULLDOPS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iszog5/windows_10_activation_issue_built_a_new_pc/