Windows 10: Transfer installed programs from c drive to new system drive

Discus and support Transfer installed programs from c drive to new system drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi windows 10 on my PC is has has critical process died problem and its in restart loop.. I have tried startup repair and system restore both didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by touash, Dec 2, 2020.

1. touash Win User

Transfer installed programs from c drive to new system drive

Hi

windows 10 on my PC is has has critical process died problem and its in restart loop.. I have tried startup repair and system restore both didn't work. Now I want want to install new windows in my secondary ssd .

Please guide me after installing window on my secondary drive is there any way to transfer installed programs in my new system drive.

:)

touash, Dec 2, 2020

2. Installing Windows on my new C drive

Current Situation: My C Disk is cramming up and I decided to change a new C disk.

Currently my computer storage is composed of an SSD (being my C disk) and an HDD. I bought a new SSD and desire to somehow transfer my current system into the new SSD along with the current environmental variables, user data, both program files folder, and
    various other folders instead of installing a brand new system on my new C drive.

Questions I am currently wondering:

1. I noticed the function provided by windows called "Create a system image". Currently my softwares are distributed evenly in my C drive (SSD) and D drive (HDD). I am not changing my HDD, so softwares installed there will not be removed. If I only choose
      to backup my system in my C drive, can I still run my softwares on my HDD after changing a C drive and reinstalling Windows using the generated ISO file?
    2. Does this function "create a system image" pack up the environmental variables, registry, along with all other folders in my C drive, or only the minimal system?
    3. If I extract the system image ISO into my new C drive, can I somehow "extract" from the ISO file to create a new system in my new drive? If not, is it possible to make my new C drive a windows Boot USB, and directly installing the windows system onto itself?
    4. What is your suggested method of making this move?

Thank you for your help!!

Power_tile, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system
    drive'. I also tried changing the location of the 'Downloads' and 'Music' folders to D drive. However they merged into one and now no longer can be separated and restored to the original location and also have the name 'D' drive and not their initial names
    'Downloads' and 'Music'. Should I be trying to fully transfer the windows system from my C drive to the D drive or get a new SSD card?

Please help, this is urgent

flatline66, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Transfer installed programs from c drive to new system drive

Moving C drive to a new drive

Hello

My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs?

Thank you for the help.

I use windows 10 64bit.

KevinPheiffer, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Transfer installed programs from c drive to new system drive

1. Transfer installed programs from c drive to new system drive - Similar Threads - Transfer installed programs

2. Transfer OS from C Drive to new Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer OS from C Drive to new Drive: Hi, I've seen a lot of different ways to transfer the contents of my C Drive to a new larger drive. What is the best way to do this as I'm wanting to transfer my OS and everything on my C Drive to a new drive on my PC? Thanks...
  3. Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card: [ATTACH] For some years I have followed the practice of transferring, if possible. apps / programs from the C Drive to the D Drive, an integral SD Card --- in order to reduce space usage on the C drive. I have done this via Settings, Apps. For various reasons some cannot be...
  4. Transferring C: Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring C: Drive: I have an m.2 SSD and what to make it my boot drive without a clean install. I've heard you can clone the drive, then simply make that drive the boot drive from BIOS. Is it that simple? And is there a recommended cloning program? This is my registered windows program and...
  5. office transfer from c drive to d drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    office transfer from c drive to d drive.: Hello, Good afternoon, I would like to transfer Microsoft office 2019 from C drive to D drive on my HP Probook 450 g7. I am on Windows 10 version 20H2. Please help me....
  6. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  7. Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive: How to transfer files from C drove to USB drive if the windows is not booting due to some issues in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-files-from-c-drive-to-usb-drive/de8664a6-4343-4568-b253-1cf09bbb586a
  8. Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive: Can I transfer memory from Mt'D' drive to my 'C' drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-memory-from-d-drive-to-c-drive/f9ad4878-0e61-4b53-8db7-053eaafd61b9
  9. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  10. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...