Windows 10: Transfer license from Old to new PC without removing old key first.

Discus and support Transfer license from Old to new PC without removing old key first. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There are quite a few articles on transferring a license from an old to a new PC, but all of them suggest that you disable the old PC before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rob Mcmahon, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Transfer license from Old to new PC without removing old key first.

There are quite a few articles on transferring a license from an old to a new PC, but all of them suggest that you disable the old PC before transferring to a new PC. I don't wish to do it that way as I don't want to be in a situation where I don't have a PC. My license is digitally linked to my computer, and I wish to make certain everything is running before removing the key from the Old machine, eg:- there would be 2 machines with the same key for a day or 2 but only 1 in use at any given time. I assume it isn't a problem but I just need confirmation before I go ahead, it might be a simp

:)

Rob Mcmahon, Jul 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Hi Microsoft Community!

I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars:

• My Windows 10 license was purchased on the Microsoft website and originally activated with a product key.
    • I still have this product key.
    • I have since formatted the PC and after re-installing Windows 10 the activation is now with a digital license.
    • I prefer using local accounts on my PC and thus haven't created a Microsoft account enabled user.

My question is how to best go about transferring the license? Can I just format the old PC and activate my license on the new PC with the product key? If I do that will I get a problem when my brother installs Windows on the old computer again, since it
    now has a digital license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Door, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Transferable license

I transferred a digital license from my old computer to the new one. Then I removed my old PC from the list of devices in the Microsoft account. My question: will the license be removed from the Microsoft account when I remove the old PC that had this
    license before?

AshleyBarnard, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Transfer license from Old to new PC without removing old key first.

Remove Key License from old Motherboard

• If your copy of Windows 10 is OEM( came preinstalled on the computer it can not be transferred. The License died with the old motherboard. If it is retail (bought from Microsoft store or another Retailer ) it can be transferred. If you still have issues
      I would contact Microsoft support and they will help activate.

richard000000001, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Transfer license from Old to new PC without removing old key first.

1. Transfer license from Old to new PC without removing old key first. - Similar Threads - Transfer license Old

2. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc: I built a PC back in 2020, which I had purchased a Windows 10 pro key for, and had to leave it behind when I transferred duty stations mid-deployment. My colleagues were supposed to send it to me once the deployment ended, but they never did. I finally got to build another...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc: I built a PC back in 2020, which I had purchased a Windows 10 pro key for, and had to leave it behind when I transferred duty stations mid-deployment. My colleagues were supposed to send it to me once the deployment ended, but they never did. I finally got to build another...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  6. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  7. Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?

Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?: I sent my old laptop back to be replaced under warranty and it had windows 10 pro installed. I did not remove the license key off the device before sending it. The old and new device are both still linked to my microsoft account, is there any way to remove they keyoff my old...
  8. Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?

Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?: I sent my old laptop back to be replaced under warranty and it had windows 10 pro installed. I did not remove the license key off the device before sending it. The old and new device are both still linked to my microsoft account, is there any way to remove they keyoff my old...
  9. License transfer from old PC

License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  10. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....