Windows 10: Transfer Microsoft Store game

Discus and support Transfer Microsoft Store game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new laptop and wish to transfer GTA San Andreas from my old laptop to my new. Where would I start?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bsk8, Nov 28, 2020.

1. bsk8 Win User

Transfer Microsoft Store game

I have a new laptop and wish to transfer GTA San Andreas from my old laptop to my new. Where would I start?

:)

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Nov 28, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Transfer Microsoft Store game

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Microsoft Store game

1. Transfer Microsoft Store game - Similar Threads - Transfer Microsoft Store

2. Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer: Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a real dilemma. I bought my wife a new computer. We want to transfer her games free not bought from one computer to the new one. She has been playing them for years and does not want to start from the beginning. Is this possible?...
  3. Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer: Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a real dilemma. I bought my wife a new computer. We want to transfer her games free not bought from one computer to the new one. She has been playing them for years and does not want to start from the beginning. Is this possible?...
  4. Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC: So I have an issue and I cant figure it out. I'm trying to transfer a Microsoft store game from my portable harddrive to my desktops HDD. I'm using the trick where you start the download on the "to" PC, pause it after a few seconds, go to the WindowsApps folder and replace...
  5. Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC: So I have an issue and I cant figure it out. I'm trying to transfer a Microsoft store game from my portable harddrive to my desktops HDD. I'm using the trick where you start the download on the "to" PC, pause it after a few seconds, go to the WindowsApps folder and replace...
  6. Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc

Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc: Can I clone the disk drive that I installed my MS Game on in PC a and then insert the cloned drive in PC b and change my MS store settings to match the new drive and expect the game to work without having to download it again please?...
  8. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned: I have a game installed on an old computer. It says "This product is installed" and it allows me to open the game and play it. It also gives me the option to "Buy to own", which I assume would give me full control and allow me to install this game on 10 different devices as I...
  9. Can I Transfer Microsoft Store Games to a New PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I Transfer Microsoft Store Games to a New PC?: So, I'm about to do a fresh install of Windows on a new PC I have build, but I don't want to download games like Gears 4, Forza Motorsport 7 which are 100-150GB in Size. Is there any way I can transfer these games to my new PC? I will be using the same HDDs and SSDs on the...
  10. Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc

Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc: Hey. I have Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to transfer a game that I bought and installed on one pc to another pc. I have already moved the game to a flash drive (via the option in Settings-->Apps)and am trying to put it on the new pc. When I try to copy the game folders to...