Windows 10: Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer

Discus and support Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, How does one transfer Video Projects created on the Photos App to a new computer? Currently my old computer's hard drive is in a docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zuka3000, Dec 13, 2020.

1. zuka3000 Win User

Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer

Greetings,

How does one transfer Video Projects created on the Photos App to a new computer?

Currently my old computer's hard drive is in a docking station connected to my new computer via USB3, and it is now the "F" drive of my new computer.

After using PCmover Professional for assistance in migration, the video projects have not transferred.

How does one move the projects?

Thanks!

:)

zuka3000, Dec 13, 2020

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 13, 2020
  3. photo app video project

This is ridiculous.

Saving a video project is not available yet.

This is the first time I used the Win 10 Photo App to make a video.

Had an issue with the video not playing, all I saw were little dots spinning in a circle.

I closed all my other applications, nothing, I shut down my computer. I could not find my project.

There were three tips when I first created a new custom video project. One was that I did not have to save my project, this happened automatically.

I do not know what that means I guess be cause it is not saved.

This make this app absolutely useless.

I did place a feed back about this app before, I do not see the use of placing another one.

Suggestion:

Please let me do some thing very basic like save a project so I can edit it later.

How could this not have been an option.

DefenderStargate, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer

Photo App- not having the Video project feature

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to find the Video Project feature in Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Photos app installed on the PC?
    • Were you able to see this option before in Photos app on this computer?

Ideally, you should see the Video Projects option in Photos app, as shown below.

Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer 23ae8c3c-eef8-4d1e-9992-3387acd8e9f3?upload=true.jpg

However, if the option is missing, we can try a few steps and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from
      Microsoft Store
      and check.

You may also refer these articles for additional help:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Get started with Microsoft Photos

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer

1. Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer - Similar Threads - Transfer Migrate Photo

2. How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App: [ATTACH]I have attached a screenshot of a Photos App task bar. I have been trying to figure out how to create a new video project so that I can cut together a bunch of short videos into one lone one. There is no option in my task bar to start a new video project....
  3. Photo App- not having the Video project feature

Photo App- not having the Video project feature: My version of Windows 10 doesn't have a N. I read that in some versions you need to download a feature media file but when I tried is keep saying that my windows version don't need that update. What I can do to find the video project feature?...
  4. video project made on microsoft photo app

video project made on microsoft photo app: How do I send a video project to my friend if it is too big for email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project-made-on-microsoft-photo-app/aa005c26-d610-4a8c-a7f5-ff62021ba8b8
  5. Deleted Photos Video Project

Deleted Photos Video Project: Hello, I have a question about a video project that I created on the Microsoft Photos app. After months of working on the project, I recently recieved an error message stating that the app was unable to open the video and to try reopening it. I tried opening and reopening...
  6. Windows Video Projects in the Photos app

Windows Video Projects in the Photos app: How can I export the video, every time i try the 'finish video' it loads for a bit, the percent goes up- but then stops around 70 and I get this: Unsupported video type or invalid file path, so 1- what video type does it need to be, and how can i change or check that? 2-...
  7. Photos Video Project

Photos Video Project: I just completed a 1-1/2 hour video project using Microsoft Photos. I want to download to my computer. I tried "sharing" to onedrive, but it only shares the video clips not the completed video project. Also I get a message that "larger videos will be removed". Is there any...
  8. Microsoft Photo video project

Microsoft Photo video project: How do I add small segments of songs to a video project that has videos and stills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-video-project/d1c8d7d3-d67c-47fd-9d29-3557e7f6003a
  9. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0
  10. Photo's Video Projects Glitch

Photo's Video Projects Glitch: Absolutely every single time I attempt to make a video on the Photos app I have no problems making the thing, but when I try and download it, it turns out completely purple with static. There is no problem with the sound.[IMG]...