Windows 10: Transfer my windows Pro key

Discus and support Transfer my windows Pro key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I transfer my windows Pro key from my old computer to my new computer that has Windows home on it will it update to windows Pro?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BenWoods4, Sep 28, 2020.

1. BenWoods4 Win User

Transfer my windows Pro key

If I transfer my windows Pro key from my old computer to my new computer that has Windows home on it will it update to windows Pro?

:)

BenWoods4, Sep 28, 2020
  2. DavidY Win User

Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

Hi Kari,
    Can you confirm that the computer at step 5 (I numbered your list *Wink ) had never had an activated Insider build (especially not 10240)?

I'm wondering if it was possible that the second machine activated because the activation servers recognised the hardware from an earlier activation, and not because of the method you used to transfer?

DavidY, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Transfer and reactivate my Windows 10 Pro key on another laptop

Correction to my previous reply.

I believe you can transfer it using product key.

First, you can use Pro edition generic key to upgrade.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-upgrade-window...

Then use your original Pro edition key and see if it activates.

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Sep 28, 2020
  4. Transfer my windows Pro key

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Transfer my windows Pro key

1. Transfer my windows Pro key - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro key

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer: Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old so I have bought a new PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Is it possible to transfer the Windows 11 Pro key that I bought...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer: Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old so I have bought a new PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Is it possible to transfer the Windows 11 Pro key that I bought...
  4. Transferring windows 11 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring windows 11 pro key: I had to exchange my laptop for a new due to a bent usb port . i had windows pro installed and i would like to transfer the key to my new laptop . The key will not activate even though I deactivated the key and removed the device from my microsoft account which was a mistake...
  5. Transferring windows 11 pro key

Transferring windows 11 pro key: I had to exchange my laptop for a new due to a bent usb port . i had windows pro installed and i would like to transfer the key to my new laptop . The key will not activate even though I deactivated the key and removed the device from my microsoft account which was a mistake...
  6. Windows 10/11 Pro Key Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Pro Key Transfer: I upgraded my Windows 10/11 laptop from the home edition to the pro edition through the Microsoft Store. Would it be possible to transfer the pro license over to a new laptop with Windows 10/11 home? If yes then how would one go about doing it?...
  7. Windows 10/11 Pro Key Transfer

Windows 10/11 Pro Key Transfer: I upgraded my Windows 10/11 laptop from the home edition to the pro edition through the Microsoft Store. Would it be possible to transfer the pro license over to a new laptop with Windows 10/11 home? If yes then how would one go about doing it?...
  8. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key: I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would like to use that pro key on it rather than my laptop. I tried the downgrade steps in this...
  9. Transfer windows Pro key to another computer

Transfer windows Pro key to another computer: I have a tablet with Windows 10 pro on it and I don't use that tablet any longer, Is it possible to transfer that pro license to another computer I have that has windows 10 home on it. Just want to Upgrade the home license to Pro....
  10. Transfer and reactivate my Windows 10 Pro key on another laptop

Transfer and reactivate my Windows 10 Pro key on another laptop: I bought a new laptop (Windows 10 Home installed) three months ago and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. But last week I sent it to a service center due to hardware problems. Instead of repairing, they gave me a totally new laptop and installed back Windows 10 Home. How do I...