Windows 10: Transfer OEM key

Discus and support Transfer OEM key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an windows 7 OEM key which I used to activate windows 10 on my old laptop but I got a new one without windows in which I got to activate the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MaximilianWalker, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Transfer OEM key

I have an windows 7 OEM key which I used to activate windows 10 on my old laptop but I got a new one without windows in which I got to activate the old key without any problems. For what it seems, the key is linked to my account. Is it okay to have 2 computers with same key? if not how can I manage the keys? Can I simply transfer the old OEM key to the ne laptop (which I already did but not sure if its okay)?

:)

MaximilianWalker, Jan 21, 2019

2. Product Key Transfer (OEM)

You can't use it elsewhere.

If the Laptop/Computer came with the Windows Operating System preinstalled (Dell, HP, Acer, etc) , that Product Key that came with the Laptop/Computer is for the
    preinstalled OEM License and is non-transferable.

The OEM License/Product Key (preinstalled Operating Systems on Dell, HP, etc machines) is tied to the first machine it is installed on and dies when that machine dies.

The above rule also applies to OEM System Builders Licenses.

Retail Operating System License, that you buy and install yourself, are allowed to be transferred to another machine.

But Retail Licenses can also only be installed on one machine at any particular time.

Bill Smithers, Jan 21, 2019
  3. xlook Win User
    Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life.

But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get rid of the old motherboard and install a new motherboard. Will I be able to transfer the product key to the new motherboard? Or would I need a retail product key to transfer the key to a new PC or motherboard?

xlook, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Transfer OEM key

Transferring Retail but keeping OEM key's installed?

I'm upgrading my laptop (Razer blade stealth) from the OEM windows 10 home, to the RETAIL version of windows 10 pro. I'm wondering if I take that RETAIL product key, and transfer it to a new computer (example, buying a new laptop), will the old laptop
    still have the OEM windows 10 home product key installed after the transfer? Or will windows be illegitimate?

Coby Hackett, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Transfer OEM key

1. Transfer OEM key - Similar Threads - Transfer OEM key

2. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  3. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  4. Transferring Win 10 key (OEM)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring Win 10 key (OEM): My rig is self-build and 3 years old. The OEM version of Win 10 was purchased seperately on Amazon and installed by myself. But .... Looks like I have now damaged my motherboard with a BIOS update (interrupt storm) and there's nothing that can be done to fix it and MSI wants...
  5. Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys...

Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys...: I have a lot of data and programs on an old laptop with windows 10 OEM, the battery died and is non replacable so had to get a new one. I have a backup windows 7 backup program, so when i restore on the new machine can I just use the change product key on the new machine and...
  6. Oem key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  7. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  8. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...
  9. Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC

Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC: Hello! I recently built a new PC, and would like to transfer the current Windows license (on the computer that I am typing this on), to the new one. I'm having trouble finding the product key. The standard way of finding it, thru admin command prompt, is not working. Are...
  10. Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?: I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life. But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 OEM keys transfer

2. how to transfer a oem key to online key

3. microsoft windows oem license transfer