Windows 10: Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission

Discus and support Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers, Win10 Pro & WinXP SP-3. For some time now, I've been transferring files back & forth between them on my network. All of a sudden,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phrab, Dec 8, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission

I have 2 computers, Win10 Pro & WinXP SP-3. For some time now, I've been transferring files back & forth between them on my network. All of a sudden, this happens:
    1. I'm on the Win10 machine & open a particular document folder named Bridge in Windows Explorer.
    2. While on the Win10 machine, I open the networked Bridge folder (the folder on my XP machine) in Windows Explorer.
    2. I try to copy 1 or 2 specific pdf files from to or from the Bridge XP folder.
    3. I get the following messages:

Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission [​IMG]

Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission [​IMG]

This only happens with 2 particular pdf files that I recently downloaded & does not happen when I'm on my WinXP machine (I can transfer both ways from there). Also, it only seems to happen with the Bridge folder on WinXP.

How can I change this to prevent these two messages from popping up when I try to transfer?

:)

phrab, Dec 8, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Unable to view transferred files on the computer due to file permission issue on Windows 10.

Hi Andrea,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Which photo viewing application are you using on the computer?
    • Did you check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing application?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing applications on the computer. If you are facing similar issue and able to access the old computer, check if you are able to view the picture files on connecting
    the external device.

If you are able to access pictures in the old computer, give Full Control permissions to the folder by following the steps suggested in the above post, copy the same to an external drive and transfer onto the new computer and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to view photo files on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission

Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission

1. Transfer of 2 pdf files between computers now requires permission - Similar Threads - Transfer pdf files

2. How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer: I have recently installed Windows 10 64bit onto a new HD and i was trying to copy files from my old 32bit HD onto it. I have tried two different methods. First starting on the new drive. I access the old drive and simply attempt a copy paste. However i am never even able to...
  3. FAILED File transfer between PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FAILED File transfer between PCs: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  4. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  5. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  6. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers: Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have...
  7. transfer digital licenses between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer digital licenses between computers: Hi I have 4 computers, 3 with win10 pro and one with home. I would like to transfer one of the computers to the home device as it's my newest laptop. I do not know what type of license I have, oem or retail etc... I know they were all upgraded from win7 to 8 to 10.......
  8. Require SYSTEM permission to delete this file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require SYSTEM permission to delete this file: So I have having issues with Windows defender sucking up my RAM. I was attempting to remedy this issue but every time I go to try to do anything that requires administrator permission I get told that I need system permission to do it. I am logged in on an Administrator...
  9. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...
  10. Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers

Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers: I had 2 Win 7 computers that shared files successfully without using a homegroup and with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed. Then both of these machines were upgraded to Windows 10 and they can no longer share files. I get a message that one machine is denying...