Windows 10: transfer of contacts old old win 7 comp to new win 10 computer

Discus and support transfer of contacts old old win 7 comp to new win 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have copied the .pst file from old computer that seems to be contacts or an old back up or something as is dated older than when all data moved to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobTidd, Feb 8, 2019.

1. BobTidd Win User

transfer of contacts old old win 7 comp to new win 10 computer

I have copied the .pst file from old computer that seems to be contacts or an old back up or something as is dated older than when all data moved to new comp, how do I get the latest file of all contacts, but in trying to import into new email setup (Microsoft 2010) it keeps asking for a password, but what password would that be? my Microsoft password, my email account password or what, have tried all (I think).

:)

BobTidd, Feb 8, 2019

2. transferring files and applications from an old Win7 computer to a new Win 10 computer

I bought my wife a new Win 10 laptop for Christmas. We want to backup all her applications and files that are on her old Win 7 computer and restore them to the new Win 10 computer. Is there a Win 10 utility I can use to accomplish this? I'd be willing
    to upgrade the old computer to Win 10 to accomplish this.

JohnKnauer, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Just bought new computer with WIN 10. Old computer WIN 7. How can I migrate the data and programs from old to new?

* Original Title: migrate programs and data

Just bought new computer w/ WIN 10. Old computer WIN 7. How can I migrate the data and programs from old to new?

GeneRozewski, Feb 8, 2019
  4. paulmuw Win User

How to transfer Win 10 Pro key from old computer to new computer with Win 10 free upgrade

I have an old computer that had Win 7 Ultimate and the Win 10 upgrade made it Win 10 PRO. Now I want to scrap that computer and transfer the PRO key to a newer computer that has only Win 10 free upgrade. How to do this? thanks.

paulmuw, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. transfer of contacts old old win 7 comp to new win 10 computer - Similar Threads - transfer contacts old

2. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10: I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like...
  3. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10: I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like...
  4. settings from my old computer transferred to new win 11 computer ques.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings from my old computer transferred to new win 11 computer ques.: My old win 10 computer died! on that computer my boot C: drive was essentially "data free", programs were on C:, data was stored on LOTS of external drives. I bought a new win 11 machine, but have not yet attached any of my external drives to it; I have b/u's of the C: drive...
  5. Transfer of Win 10 OS from old computer to a newer computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Win 10 OS from old computer to a newer computer: I have an old Acer laptop, originally Vista, that has Win 10 pro OS on it from the free upgrade a few years ago. I bought a retail Win 7 to upgrade it originally and then bought retail Win 8 and Win 8.1 retail upgrades as they came out. This laptop will never make it to Win...
  6. Using Win 7 key in a new Win 10 install, impact on old machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Win 7 key in a new Win 10 install, impact on old machine: Googled this to death and cant find anyone asking the question . I have an existing Win 7 Ultimate computer, and I've built a new Ryzen box and installed Win 10 Pro on it . I wanted to try and use the key from Win 7 , to see if that will activate. The only concern I have...
  7. Using Old Win 7 license to Upgrade to Win 10

Using Old Win 7 license to Upgrade to Win 10: I have a PC that came with Win 7 and I upgraded it to Win 10 when the upgrade was free. I now have a new PC that shipped with Win 10. On the new PC I will be installing Vmware so I have a virtual machine. How can I use the Win 7 license from the old PC (and then upgrade...
  8. Old Win 7 key - new Win 10 HDD install question ...

Old Win 7 key - new Win 10 HDD install question ...: I paid retail for 3 copies - "Family Pack" - Win 7 Home Premium many years ago. They all 3 use the same install key. I am now finally getting around to investigating Win 10. Previously I only used two of the 3 as Win 7 and never actually activated one of them. I just now...
  9. Old Win 7 games are back! (Not)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Win 7 games are back! (Not): Err... never mind. It appears this is not the case. I already had this package prior to the upgrade. Sorry *Redface Many of you may have noticed, and gotten the new Windows Threshold 2 upgrade, but did you notice Microsoft gave us the old Win 7 games back like Solitaire,...
  10. Transfer old win 10 boot drive to new licensed win 10 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old win 10 boot drive to new licensed win 10 computer: I've read the many similar threads here. Still unsure whether the following can be done: Purchase new win 10 licensed computer Run OOBE so the new computer is activated in ms win 10 database Take old boot drive with win 10 and programs/data from another computer Put old...