Windows 10: Transfer of files and settings to a new computer

Discus and support Transfer of files and settings to a new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently bought a computer that has a defect. I spend time doing the configuration. Now I need to get a new computer. How can I move to a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by arnormal, Sep 25, 2018.

1. arnormal Win User

Transfer of files and settings to a new computer

I recently bought a computer that has a defect. I spend time doing the configuration. Now I need to get a new computer. How can I move to a new computer keeping all my data and preferences. For example, I used Photos Microsoft 2018.18071.15310.1000, to recognize my family members. It took time and I don't to restart this whole process again.

:)

arnormal, Sep 25, 2018

2. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer?

ThomasHayhurst, Sep 25, 2018
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Transfer of files and settings to a new computer

Transferring Files and Settings To New Windows 10 Computer

Hello,

I have a new computer with Windows 10 and I need to transfer all of my old files and settings from my Old computer which runs Windows 7.

I created a file using Easy Transfer but now find out that Windows 10 does not use easy transfer. Please let me know the correct way to transfer everything to a new computer with Running Windows 10. I'm sure many others are wondering.

Thank you

SharonS_100, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Transfer of files and settings to a new computer

1. Transfer of files and settings to a new computer - Similar Threads - Transfer files settings

2. Transferring important files and apps to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring important files and apps to new computer: Does anyone have a procedure for transferring files and apps from a previous upgraded Windows 11 computer to a new one using an external hard drive? I've heard that PC files that are synched to One Drive will not copy over with an automated transfer but don't know that for...
  3. File transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer to new computer: How do I transfer files and pictures to Sandisk? I can't get anything to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-to-new-computer/cd3cbbf4-16c3-4d4a-bd99-2780c3ddd5ad
  4. Transfer Files from old to new computer

Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  5. transferring files to new computer

transferring files to new computer: I'm new to transferring things from my old computer to my new one and I'm lost. I spoke with a couple of peopled and they made it sound easy and now I don't know what to do. Here is what I've done until now. I purchased a new desk top and need to transfer my entire lap top...
  6. transfering dropbox files to a new/ second computer

transfering dropbox files to a new/ second computer: How can I transfer my dropbox files from my home computer (shared with someone else) to my new surface laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-dropbox-files-to-a-new-second-computer/80c8c34a-3370-45c6-824d-d03973707d23"
  7. Transfer which files to new computer?

Transfer which files to new computer?: I know I should copy over the folders Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc., but do I copy these from each /Users/username folder on to an external hard drive, and then go to the new computer and copy each folder and place it under duplicated /User/username structure on the new...
  8. transfer files to new computer

transfer files to new computer: transfer files to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-to-new-computer/ac27476d-e2c5-49ba-8ba3-cc454adffeac"
  9. transfer files from old computer to new

transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer files and settings to new pc

2. transfer files and settings to a new computer

3. windows files and settings transfer to this pc

4. transfer files and settings to new computer,
  5. windows transfer settings to new pc,
  6. transfer windows settings and passwords to new computer,
  7. transfer data to new computer,
  8. how to transfer files from an old computer to a new computer,
  9. transfer files to new computer,
  10. transfer files from old computer windows 10,
  11. transferring files to a new computers,