Windows 10: Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

Discus and support Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSD124, Aug 23, 2019.

1. JohnSD124 Win User

Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new one. I have a paid subscription to Office 365 which I believe gives me backup also I have an external hard drive connected to the old computer so presume this will provide back up.

Would appreciate any advice but as I am an old guy and not particularly tech savvy hope there is a fairly simple method to do this.

Thanks in advance.

:)

JohnSD124, Aug 23, 2019

2. data transfer to new computer

programs and files missing after data transfer to new computer. not listed in apps nor thru search. Have used win defender. Is the program somewhere?

debrajeffsgrad, Aug 23, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    data transfer to new computer

No one can guess how you transfered your data.

To transfer your personal data (documents, pictures, music, etc.) copy the files and folders from the old computer to an external USB hard drive or a USB flash drive; then copy them to the corresponding folders (i.e., Documents, Music, Pictures, etc.) in your
    user account
    in the new computer.

Programs cannot be transferred; they have to be re-installed in the new computer.

BulldogXX, Aug 23, 2019
  4. JPL-Law Win User

Transferring all data and program files from old computer (Windows 10) to new computer (Windows 10)

How do I Transfer all data and program files from old computer (Windows 10) to new computer (Windows 10)?

JPL-Law, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one - Similar Threads - Transfer files data

2. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....
  3. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one: Hi, I was hoping someone could help with moving my copy from Windows 10 to a new computer I'm looking to get a new build a new computer for University which I've not done before and noticed that I need a copy of Windows to operate properly, I don't want to buy another copy...
  4. transfer data from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  5. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  6. File transfer from old to new computer

File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  7. Transfer Files from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  8. transfer files from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  9. unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one: purchased new computer unpacked it and began setup I entered Microsoft password I used with old computer and all the icons and wallpaper from old computer transferred to new one. How did this happen and how do I undo it? * Moved from IE other/Windows other * OS assumed to...
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e