Windows 10: Transfer of files from external harddrive

Discus and support Transfer of files from external harddrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tristis.Senem, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Transfer of files from external harddrive

I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good working order and all cables have been checked. I have tried turning everything off and restarting. I have done everything normally recommended before arriving here. Reformatting the external drive is NOT an option as there are 500 GB of TV shows that cannot be replaced.

Every time I try to transfer or view a file it will start then partially through file explorer will close out and drop the transfer. Last night it let me transfer 5-6 individual files to my PC then kept dropping the files. I can view the video files directly from the external drive and partially through viewing file explorer will drop the file and close, sometimes multiple times during a viewing. There is no regular timing of these events. It's completely at random. Sometimes I will go months without an issue then it will start up again. I have scoured the community help pages but could not find for this particular problem. HELP!!

:)

Tristis.Senem, Jul 13, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

Hi Linda

It is best to do this manually, rather than through the Photos App . .

Connect your External Hard Drive

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, click Pictures yo open your Pictures library folder

Then, on the right select the photos or folders of photos you want to transfer

Right click those and choose 'Send To' - your external hard drive should be bottom of the 'Send To' list

That will transfer those files to your external drive . ..

DaveM121, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

How do I transfer the photos I currently have on my Photos library on my laptop to my external harddrive? There doesn't seem to be an option I can press that allows me to do this. Thank you.

LindaNordlund1, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Transfer of files from external harddrive

Transfer files from external harddrive to MS 10

Just set up my new HP with Windows 10. I transferred files from my old PC Windows 7 to an external HD using easy transfer tool. Windows 10 does not have an easy transfer tool, so how do I upload my files, and pictures, etc. from an external HD into Windows
    10?

Thank you.

CarlosGuerra 2715, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Transfer of files from external harddrive

1. Transfer of files from external harddrive - Similar Threads - Transfer files external

2. BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive: Hi, I’m on windows 10, and i’ve been trying to transfer about 450 gigs of files to my external harddrive. It works well for the first minute or so, the transfer speeds are at 80-150Mb per second, then it slows down to like 500kb/s then it just blue screens my computer. Does...
  3. BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive: Hi, I’m on windows 10, and i’ve been trying to transfer about 450 gigs of files to my external harddrive. It works well for the first minute or so, the transfer speeds are at 80-150Mb per second, then it slows down to like 500kb/s then it just blue screens my computer. Does...
  4. BSOD while transferring files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.: Hello, I am building a new PC currently. The only component I didn't purchase was a new harddrive. Is it possible to transfer my current one 1TB SSD, w/ Windows 10 installed to the new computer without any hiccups? Thanks in advance!...
  6. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  7. Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:: I got files off the internet that I need to put in my Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-scandisk-drive-f-to-harddrive/5e3a2cf4-23ff-43dd-827b-5b1226677136"
  8. Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive: How do I transfer the photos I currently have on my Photos library on my laptop to my external harddrive? There doesn't seem to be an option I can press that allows me to do this. Thank you....
  9. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  10. external harddrive

external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...