Windows 10: Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

Discus and support Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomStrand52, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but I've not tested itOn the computer I had Windows 10 Pro, and Office 2013 Pro installed including Access. I've ordered and new computer Windows 64 home and now I want to transfer / upgrade as many as possible of the previous installations, i.e.- from Windows 11 Home the new computer to Windows 11 Pro Windows Key for

:)

TomStrand52, Dec 1, 2021

2. Transfering win10 from a dead computer

Greetings,
    Need assistance please, my MSI Laptop caught the dreaded Logo loop disease and is useless. I've purchased a new Laptop but since this is my work computer, all my files, programs and passwords need to be on the new laptop. Since my 'old' laptop is dead how do get my information transferred? I've pulled both of the drives (SSD and SSHD), tested them (both are accessible). However, the operating system is win10pro, the new one is win10 home. I'm more concern with the SSD drive transfer since that was my system drive (the other was just ancillary program and data storage. Any suggestions besides using a Jack Korvorian starter kit?

sdsmithinc, Dec 1, 2021
  3. How to transfer Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage product activation key from my dead laptop to my new PC?

Hi Seandrabelle,

Here is a step by step guide to transferring a license, if yours is eligible for transfer.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

I don't want to lose anything in translation, so I figured giving you this link would be the best bet. GroovyPost is legit and can be trusted.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

With your PC being dead, not sure if this will be doable If you didn’t deactivate your old pc, and grab your license.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

1. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one - Similar Threads - Transfer microsoft products

2. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one: My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but...
  3. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one: My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but...
  4. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one: Hi, I was hoping someone could help with moving my copy from Windows 10 to a new computer I'm looking to get a new build a new computer for University which I've not done before and noticed that I need a copy of Windows to operate properly, I don't want to buy another copy...
  5. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....
  6. transfer the license from a dead computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer the license from a dead computer: I have a windows 7 computer that had my license Mircosoft Office on it . How can I transfer it to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-the-license-from-a-dead-computer/4e07af5e-7cca-448f-b71b-b746d052624d
  7. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one: My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?

Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?: I have an old computer that died, which was running Windows 10. I have another computer that my dad gifted to me, but I want to transfer the license from my old computer to the gifted computer. Unfortunately, I don't know where I stored the old Windows Product Key. I've...
  9. transferring Windows from dead computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring Windows from dead computer: I bought a retail version of Windows for my computer 4 years ago. I did a free update to Windows Pro & it refers to my having Windows 10 Pro on the Microsoft website. Now my old computer has died & I can't access anything. When I build my new computer, I am wondering if I...
  10. Windows 10 transfer from dead computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 transfer from dead computer: I have a laptop which had Windows 10 installed (probably from an upgrade from 8 or 7) and a PC running Windows 7. The laptop's HDD has partially crashed. Is there any way I can transfer the Win 10 licence from the laptop to the PC? Can I boot the laptop into DOS or something...