Windows 10: Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

Discus and support Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected my Olympus camera to my laptop, which runs windows 10, and could see that the pictures were being transferred. However, I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrrrrNN, May 10, 2020.

1. BrrrrNN Win User

Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

I connected my Olympus camera to my laptop, which runs windows 10, and could see that the pictures were being transferred. However, I cannot find where they went! They are not in the camera roll

:)

BrrrrNN, May 10, 2020

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, May 10, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 10, 2020
  4. Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

Re transferring pictures to Window 10

I just transferred pictures to Windows 10 from my Samsung Galaxy Android phone. The pictures were transferred but they are in a separate list and I cannot transfer any of them as as attachment or to my Facebook account. Any suggestions.

TAM6

TheresaMuller, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

1. Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer pictures camera

2. laptop camera - not picture displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop camera - not picture displaying: I turned on my laptop this morning and started a zoom session with my students. There is no picture being shown. There is a camera symbol with a line through it - meaning no camera I am sure. I had no problems using the camera on Thursday when I used zoom. Can someone...
  3. Transfer pictures from iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer pictures from iPhone: My Photo Gallery is not displaying any photos past July 2020. Normally, they transfer automatically from my IPhone. How can I fix this? ***original title: Photo Gallery***...
  4. Transferring pictures from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring pictures from phone: I have an early model Google Pixel that has photos on it yet when I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable and go to This PC and click on Pixel it says no data found on this device . Anyone know how one can transfer pictures from the phone to the desktop computer...
  5. pictures stopped transferring from camera to pc via usb cable

pictures stopped transferring from camera to pc via usb cable: photos on camera can no longer be transferred to pc all of a sudden. Photos appear on pc but do not transfer over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-stopped-transferring-from-camera-to-pc/c8aa29e2-baae-4e36-a73a-f2c1dca07a99
  6. importing pictures from a camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures from a camera: Up until yesterday, when I plugged in my Canon camera with a USB cord to my computer, all I had to do was turn on the camera and Windows 10 automatically imported only my most recent photos. But today, when I turn my camera on, Windows 10 won't do that, and the only way I...
  7. transfering pictures from iphone to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    transfering pictures from iphone to laptop: Why are only a few pictures importing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-pictures-from-iphone-to-laptop/0b0bbd83-d2aa-4c96-b90f-7d28e675f0c6
  8. UPLOADING PICTURES FROM CAMERA

UPLOADING PICTURES FROM CAMERA: Had great experience uploading pictures from my Kodak Easy Share Z730 .. until camera died. I replaced it with a used but identical model. Now I'm not having same results .. actually NO results at all. Help, please !...
  9. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

transferring photos from digital camera to laptop: unfamiliar with transferring - have a 8 yr old gateway laptop and i believe i have a slot in left front to insert a memory card or do i need a usb cable to transfer and do i need a cd rom to accomplish this thanks for any assistance...
  10. Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone: I am a new user to Windows 10. I have a really old phone that I have used to text photos for years. For some reason when I try to transfer picture files from my new laptop to my phone using a memory card, I get this error message. This has never happened with any other...