Windows 10: Transfer of product key

Discus and support Transfer of product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My windows computer has crashed. I have decide to buy a new one without OS hoping to use the same product key I had already purchased for the crashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Johan van Schie, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Transfer of product key

My windows computer has crashed. I have decide to buy a new one without OS hoping to use the same product key I had already purchased for the crashed PC. Windows states I must first deactivate the first computer in order to transfer the product key. How do I do that if the computer is fried?

:)

Johan van Schie, Dec 7, 2018

2. Product Key Transfer Question

Hi Botanical,

Here is a step by step guide to transferring a license, if yours is eligible for transfer.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

I don't want to lose anything in translation, so I figured giving you this link would be the best bet. GroovyPost is legit and can be trusted.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know if this helps!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Evanto Win User

Transfer of product key

Product Key Transfer

I have Windows 7 OEM Home Basic Genuine Product Key on the bottom of my laptop, and I've upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. When I search for the product key using product key finder, I saw that is "Full-Packaged Product" media. That I know, the "Full-Packaged
    Product" media can be transfer to another machine (computer). How about I transfer my own product key (Windows 10) from laptop to my desktop computer, and I completely uninstalled my Windows OS on laptop and changed it to other OS (such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint,
    etc.). Is this completely legal?

Need your advice.

Thanks.

Evanto, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Transfer of product key

1. Transfer of product key - Similar Threads - Transfer product key

2. Product key transfer and upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key transfer and upgrade: I've just upgraded my desktop computer and installed a clean version of windows 11. My old system was running windows 10, and I would like to transfer the windows product key to the new system. This is linked to my microsoft account, however, is still under windows 10. The...
  3. Product key transfer and upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key transfer and upgrade: I've just upgraded my desktop computer and installed a clean version of windows 11. My old system was running windows 10, and I would like to transfer the windows product key to the new system. This is linked to my microsoft account, however, is still under windows 10. The...
  4. Product key transfer and upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transfer product key

transfer product key: i upgraded my laptop windows 10 from Home to Pro. The laptop has died and been replaced, can i transfer my Pro upgrade to my replacement laptop which i would like to move from Home to Pro also?...
  6. Product key transfer

Product key transfer: I have a HP desktop with Windows 10 home 64 bit. Can I deactivate the product key on the HP desktop and use it to activate a new PC that I built? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-transfer/b9c9cafe-4ac2-42c4-9060-c367dd95af0d
  7. Windows product key transfer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows product key transfer?: So I bought a laptop off ebay (I know...but I was looking for a specific one). It has Windows Home on it, but the original owner still has it activated through their ms account. Yes, I am literally logging into the laptop as their account, they sent me the new "password" but...
  8. Transfer Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Product Key: I had 3 computers 2 desktops and one laptop that ran Windows 7 Home. I bought 3 keys to upgrade them to Windows 8 Pro, then Window 10 was released and I upgraded them to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade period. I have since replaced 2of them a laptop with Windows 10...
  9. Transfer Product Key

Transfer Product Key: Hi. My laptop is already 6 years old. I would like to change the HDD to SSD. I buy this laptop with original windows 8 already installed and then upgrade it to windows 10 during free windows 10 upgrade (not remember which year). Can I uninstall the product key on HDD and...
  10. Product Key Transfer

Product Key Transfer: I have a windows 10 pro product key on another laptop. This key was originally an 8 pro key which I could transfer between multiple devices. This laptop is dying and I uninstalled the key to install it on my current laptop which currently runs Windows 10 home; however, I...