Windows 10: Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

Discus and support Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The following problem has occurred. The display on the my old laptop is broken and cannot be repaired or replaced. Now I have acquired a new laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Денис Райченко, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

The following problem has occurred. The display on the my old laptop is broken and cannot be repaired or replaced. Now I have acquired a new laptop and I want to transfer my license to a new laptop from old one. About the license, I bought a license on the official Microsoft website (for 5999 UAH in Ukraine), Windows 10 Pro license was tied to the Microsoft account and worked fine on an old laptop, I never had a key and it was not required (Microsoft did not send it to me by e-mail etc.). My license is not OEM and, in theory, I can "remove" it from one device and transfer it to another, BUT I CAN'T DO THIS, WHY? I uninstalled Windows 10 Pro from an old broken laptop and installed Windows 10 Pro on a new one, logged into my Microsoft account (with a license tied to account), as an Administrator, I cannot activate this product. Then I conducted an experiment, installed Windows 10 on an old laptop, entered another account (of my wife, Microsoft account without any license), BUT WINDOWS was activated, how did this happen and why?

:)

Денис Райченко, Sep 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

1. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device. - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro license

2. Transfer license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...
  3. Windows Activation, transferring license

Windows Activation, transferring license: Hello I have 2 PCs with Retail licenses (from B&H), I received the serial key after my purchases, then I have 3 scenarios. (But as well I have these 2 PCs listed under devices on my Microsoft account. ) But I see "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  4. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer: Dear Community, One of my Laptops running Windows 10 Pro has died irretrievably and I want to transfer the license to a new PC. How do I go about this? Thanks Lynn...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...
  6. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License

Transferring Windows 10 Pro License: If my old laptop had Windows 10 Pro and has finally crashed for good, how do I go about getting the Windows 10 pro on my new laptop? I purchased it a while back and I see it within my order history on Microsoft but I am not too sure on how to activate it on my new laptop. Is...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Transfer license

Windows 10 Pro Transfer license: I have HP 15-ay068ne laptop Windows 10 Home 64bit on it and I just purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM system builder DVD from Jumia Egypt for upgrade my laptop operating system to Pro,if something happened to this laptop can i transfer that windows 10 pro license to a another pc...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  10. Windows 10 Pro License Transferability

Windows 10 Pro License Transferability: Hi All Thinking of possibly getting a newer system in the future, as current one not much room to upgrade video card inside without losing Bluetooth card, so debating of finally switching from AMD based system to Intel Based System Just wondering though since I bought...