Windows 10: Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

Discus and support Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The following problem has occurred. The display on the my old laptop is broken and cannot be repaired or replaced. Now I have acquired a new laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Денис Райченко, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

The following problem has occurred. The display on the my old laptop is broken and cannot be repaired or replaced. Now I have acquired a new laptop and I want to transfer my license to a new laptop from old one. About the license, I bought a license on the official Microsoft website (for 5999 UAH in Ukraine), Windows 10 Pro license was tied to the Microsoft account and worked fine on an old laptop, I never had a key and it was not required (Microsoft did not send it to me by e-mail etc.). My license is not OEM and, in theory, I can "remove" it from one device and transfer it to another, BUT I CAN'T DO THIS, WHY? I uninstalled Windows 10 Pro from an old broken laptop and installed Windows 10 Pro on a new one, logged into my Microsoft account (with a license tied to account), as an Administrator, I cannot activate this product. Then I conducted an experiment, installed Windows 10 on an old laptop, entered another account (of my wife, Microsoft account without any license), BUT WINDOWS was activated, how did this happen and why?

:)

Денис Райченко, Sep 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

1. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device. - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro license

2. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?: I bought a Windows 10 Pro license last year from the official Windows Store app on my laptop. Now I have a new desktop and I want to use the same license on it. Can I transfer the license from the laptop to the desktop? And if so, how can I do that?...
  3. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?: I bought a Windows 10 Pro license last year from the official Windows Store app on my laptop. Now I have a new desktop and I want to use the same license on it. Can I transfer the license from the laptop to the desktop? And if so, how can I do that?...
  4. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license to another device ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  6. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  7. Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard

Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard: My current motherboard and cpu is very old an I am thinking about replacing them... I want to know how can I transfer my current license to the new motherboard.... I have a Retail 2PC digital license and need to replace only one PC my other pc doesn't need license...
  8. Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive

Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive: Hello, I bought a computer that had windows 10 home on it. I went to upgrade to pro in the windows store so I can make sure to get this computer on my domain. Recently the computer is having hard drive issues and requires me to replace the hard drive. I was wondering is...
  9. Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device: I want to know if it is possible to transfer my windows 10 pro to an other device it is an issue as it allowed me to revert to older version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-windows-10-pro-to-another-device/11d7543d-b4ca-440c-b339-1a436074792c
  10. Transferring Windows 10 Pro digital license to another computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro digital license to another computer: Hello, Can I transfer my free upgrade of Windows 10 Professional digital license to another newer computer with Windows 10 Home already activated?...