Windows 10: Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC?

Discus and support Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've got an old HP Netbook remember netbooks? - almost as successful a 'line' as the DMC DeLorean, but far less power shipped with Windows 7 Starter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hexagenarian, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC?

I've got an old HP Netbook remember netbooks? - almost as successful a 'line' as the DMC DeLorean, but far less power shipped with Windows 7 Starter OEM, upgraded via the 'Windows Anytime Upgrade' to Windows 7 Home Premium purchased key, then later to Windows 10 Home in early 2016. With a mere Intel Atom Duo & 2GB DDR2 RAM maxed-out on RAM!, the netbook will not update beyond Win 10 1809, so is basically obsolete beyond installing a 32-bit Linux & really slow anyway. The netbook is on my 'Devices' in my Microsoft Account... I'm pretty certain that the licence, being originall

:)

Hexagenarian, Nov 3, 2021
  2. NayAung Win User

Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, Nov 3, 2021
  3. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012.

In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time.

I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903.

I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home this week. I will be retiring the original Laptop purchased in 2012.

Can I transfer my Win 10 Pro licence on the retired laptop to the new Laptop ?

I am getting mixed answers from the Sales people.

ChristopherTomka, Nov 3, 2021
  4. gassin19 Win User

Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC?

Netbook with 2 licences eligible for windows 10 upgrade

My netbook was bought with windows 7 starter edition OEM licensed. After the release of win 8 I purchased a second license directly from Microsoft store and upgraded it to windows 8.1 pro. Both licenses are eligible for free windows 10 upgrade. So I
    tend to use the OEM license for upgrading my netbook to Windows 10 home edition and the purchased license to upgrade my vista desktop to win 10 pro My questions are:

1. Do I have to re-install windows 7 starter edition to my netbook (now with win 8.1 pro) in order to exploit the free upgrade to windows 10 home edition?

2. How can I transfer my purchased win 8 license to my vista desktop pc?

Thanks.

gassin19, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC?

1. Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC? - Similar Threads - Transfer licence netbook

2. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  3. Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.: Hi, I know there are lots on guides online already, but I can't see one specific to my needs. So I built a new computer and installed windows 10 home, thinking that was my old version. I logged on with my Microsoft account thinking that would transfer the activation (I have...
  4. Win 10 on a 2013 netbook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 on a 2013 netbook: Hey all! So I've gotten my hands on the 2013 Asus F102B netbook of a friend. It suffered the infamous black screen and he offered it to me if I could fix it. A 35€ mainboard plus new thermal paste and about 16 hours of Windows updates later here we are. After everything was...
  5. Transfer of Minecraft Licence from one PC to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of Minecraft Licence from one PC to another PC: Hi. I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 yesterday. The Microsoft store would only list my laptop as an identifiable device, but the game was meant for my son. As it is his birthday today, I didn't have time to rectify my error, so downloaded the Free Trial onto his...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer: Hi, I have retail Windows 10 Pro digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I want to transfer that licence to new laptop. What are the steps? Do I need to deactivate licence and how at first laptop and then install windows to other laptop and link somehow...
  7. Transferring Windows licence to another system

Transferring Windows licence to another system: Hi All, I have purchased the hp laptop which comes with the pre-installed windows. My hard-disk was slow and I ordered SSD for this laptop. Now I have to install the same windows 10 to my new hard-disk. How to do this? How to use the same license to the new harddisk?...
  8. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC: I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903. I bought a new...
  9. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...
  10. Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.: I want to transfer a certain control panel settings of windows 10 to all of my office's pc. Is there any way to transfer this settings through flash drive?...