Windows 10: Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

Discus and support Transfer of Windows 10 Licences in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently scrapped three old PCs, all of which were running Windows 10 Pro and/or Home Editions. The licences were acquired under the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scribe_Norfolk, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

I have recently scrapped three old PCs, all of which were running Windows 10 Pro and/or Home Editions. The licences were acquired under the free upgrade policy. Can any of these Windows 10 licences be transferred to another Windows 7 Pro machine? Is so, how can this be achieved?

:)

Scribe_Norfolk, Dec 2, 2018
  2. neilpzz Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Depends on the licence you have. How did you get your Windows 10 licence, was it via the free upgrade and was the previous system installed by the manufacturer = OEM.

OEM licences cannot be transferred, generally but recent posts suggest MS is allowing some transfers.

Retail boxed licence can be transferred to a new device.

New motherboard = new device.

neilpzz, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

transferring windows licence

Hi David,

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC, if it is OEM it will not . ..

DaveM121, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

1. Transfer of Windows 10 Licences - Similar Threads - Transfer Licences

2. Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?: Hi,I am trying to transfer a purchased licenced software from an old Win11 Pro machine to a new Win 11 Pro one.My problem is that I purchased the software in 2008, and have moved it several times in the interim, latterly 2022.The original suppliers bluelakestechnology.com,...
  3. Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?: Hi,I am trying to transfer a purchased licenced software from an old Win11 Pro machine to a new Win 11 Pro one.My problem is that I purchased the software in 2008, and have moved it several times in the interim, latterly 2022.The original suppliers bluelakestechnology.com,...
  4. Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.: Hello,I have a first computer i bought, that came with a windows digital licence.I upgraded it from windows 10 to windows 11 and it's a pro licence, so i have windows 11 pro.The licence is : "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account".Now i...
  5. Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.

Can i transfer a Windows licence from one computer to another.: Hello,I have a first computer i bought, that came with a windows digital licence.I upgraded it from windows 10 to windows 11 and it's a pro licence, so i have windows 11 pro.The licence is : "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account".Now i...
  6. Possible to transfer over Windows 11 Pro licence from dead laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to transfer over Windows 11 Pro licence from dead laptop to new laptop?: My old laptop which was running Windows 11 Home originally out of the box, which then I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro through the $99 Microsoft Store upgrade has died and will not turn on again. I am getting a new laptop with Windows 11 Home on it, but I still want a Windows 11...
  7. Possible to transfer over Windows 11 Pro licence from dead laptop to new laptop?

Possible to transfer over Windows 11 Pro licence from dead laptop to new laptop?: My old laptop which was running Windows 11 Home originally out of the box, which then I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro through the $99 Microsoft Store upgrade has died and will not turn on again. I am getting a new laptop with Windows 11 Home on it, but I still want a Windows 11...
  8. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  9. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  10. Transfer a licence to new PC