Windows 10: Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one

Discus and support Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My device display suddenly stopped working...and I bought a new device. My original device had a Win 10 Home but I had a retail copy of Win 7 Ultimate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by megamicro, Feb 28, 2021.

1. megamicro Win User

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one

My device display suddenly stopped working...and I bought a new device. My original device had a Win 10 Home but I had a retail copy of Win 7 Ultimate which I used to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

I had gone to accounts and I see that my previous device has Win 10 Pro license and my current device has the Windows 10 Core Single Language. While the page does provide an option to delete the previous device, I cannot find an option to transfer the Win 10 Pro from my old device to the new one. I'm presuming the previous device will revert to its original OEM license it was installed with post the transfer.

TIA

:)

megamicro, Feb 28, 2021

2. transferring license to another device

You can't because the free upgrade originated from a preinstalled OEM Windows 8.1 license. You will need to purchase a new full Windows 10 license for the other device.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device?

Is this legal if we do the transfer/re-assign just like the FPP License?

Our company is in the process of acquiring Microsoft License. Upon reading some articles and forum, Volume License is non-transferrable and it is like an OEM license where the license Live and Dies on that device in which I think this is not fair for us
    when a pc unexpectedly crashes due to hardware failure, we cannot re-use or transfer the license to another device.

Thanks

JCDValenzuela, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one

1. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro license

2. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store Windows Apps - Microsoft Store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  3. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  4. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  5. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device: Hi TeamI purchased a Windows 10 Pro license a year back.Recently purchased a new machine and wanted to migrate the key from old machine to the new machine.New machine is loaded with the Windows home. Kindly help me to transfer this product keys to new machineThanks in advance...
  6. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device: Hi TeamI purchased a Windows 10 Pro license a year back.Recently purchased a new machine and wanted to migrate the key from old machine to the new machine.New machine is loaded with the Windows home. Kindly help me to transfer this product keys to new machineThanks in advance...
  7. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?: So if you look through my post history you'll see that my digital license for Windows Home will no longer activate as I had to replace my motherboard. So I have been forced to purchase a new key, even though I already spent $129.99. So I purchasedWindows 10 Pro from the...
  9. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one?

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one?: Recently my laptop decided crash and there was no saving it. My old laptop had Windows 10 Home installed. I later updated it to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store. Now that my old laptop is dead, I'd like to be able to activate Windows 10 Pro on the new computer without...
  10. Can I transfer Windows 10 from dead, non-working, PC to new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from dead, non-working, PC to new one: My motherboard just fried itself last week and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer my purchased copy of Windows 10 to the new PC I'm building. If so, is there any video guides that shows exactly what needs to be done or even a step by step guide can help, as long as...