Windows 10: Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Discus and support Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CyrilJoy, Jul 30, 2020.

1. CyrilJoy Win User

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. Please tell me the steps to transfer my license. Please note that I ran the script manager and it says I have a Retail License.

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC dbef5e3e-291c-4bee-a74b-dbad2b1f54b6?upload=true.jpg

:)

CyrilJoy, Jul 30, 2020

2. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update
    to pro?

AlexisDanel, Jul 30, 2020
  3. TBoneCO Win User
    Transfer Retail License to New PC

I have a Windows 7 PRO Retail license that was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO during the free upgrade period.
    My understanding after reading on MS Forum is that my license is now Windows 10 PRO RETAIL and can be transferred to another PC. I believe the license was also converted to digital and tied to my Microsoft account.
    This license ran on a Mac and I deactivated the license using slmgr.vbs /upk which completed successfully. I then removed the bootcamp partition from the Mac.

I have an Alienware PC that came with Windows 10 Home. I'd like to use the Windows 10 PRO license on the Alienware PC, but using Microsoft Store or Activation->Change Product Key methods, keeps asking for a Product Key. How can I transfer the Windows 10
    PRO license to the Alienware PC?

Thanks!

TBoneCO, Jul 30, 2020
  4. cngurjar Win User

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license to new PC

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license from old to new PC?

cngurjar, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro Retail

2. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  3. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  4. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. License transfer from old PC

License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  6. [RESOLVED] Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer

[RESOLVED] Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer: Hi there I have an old computer with Windows 10 Pro Retail fully activated. It was originally a Windows 8 Pro retail key that I bought from a shop in a box and then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I would now like to transfer this old license to my new computer that also has...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer: Hi there I have an old computer with Windows 10 Pro Retail fully activated. It was originally a Windows 8 Pro retail key that I bought from a shop in a box and then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I would now like to transfer this old license to my new computer that also has...
  8. Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC: Hi there, I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it. Regards Sameer M...
  9. Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one

Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...