Windows 10: transfer of windows 10 pro

Discus and support transfer of windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My desktop (from 2011) has now deteriorated so a new desktop has been purchased. My old one was upgraded through the years as required and had windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stevecross3, Sep 27, 2019.

1. transfer of windows 10 pro

My desktop (from 2011) has now deteriorated so a new desktop has been purchased. My old one was upgraded through the years as required and had windows 10 installed during the roll our foc. Subsequently I upgraded this to windows 10 pro which was purchased from Microsoft store. Can I and how do I, transfer windows 10 pro to the new pc which came with windows 10 home pre-installed? As ever grateful for your advice, if its relevant both pc's are Dell's.

:)

stevecross3, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 27, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer of windows 10 pro

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

transfer of windows 10 pro

1. transfer of windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - transfer pro

2. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: Split from this thread. Hi EmilyCould you please help me with a similar situation? There are 20 Lenovo all-in-one computers with Windows 11 Home Edition. It is needed to upgrade them to Windows 11 Pro in order to join the local domain controller. How is it possible to...
  3. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: Split from this thread. Hi EmilyCould you please help me with a similar situation? There are 20 Lenovo all-in-one computers with Windows 11 Home Edition. It is needed to upgrade them to Windows 11 Pro in order to join the local domain controller. How is it possible to...
  4. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: I recently purchased a new laptop for my business and realized once received that it had Windows 11 Home instead of "Pro", so I wasn't able to login using my work email account.I ended up logging in with my personal account and upgraded to Windows 11 Pro - however I am...
  5. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: I recently purchased a new laptop for my business and realized once received that it had Windows 11 Home instead of "Pro", so I wasn't able to login using my work email account.I ended up logging in with my personal account and upgraded to Windows 11 Pro - however I am...
  6. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  7. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  8. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  9. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  10. How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?

How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?: I bought a new laptop and I need to shift my windows 11 pro upgrade to this new laptop. How we can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-window-11-pro-upgrade-from-one/91d6ab7b-6a03-4d1a-98d4-bf8db4d5834b