Windows 10: transfer of windows 10 pro

Discus and support transfer of windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My desktop (from 2011) has now deteriorated so a new desktop has been purchased. My old one was upgraded through the years as required and had windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stevecross3, Sep 27, 2019.

1. transfer of windows 10 pro

My desktop (from 2011) has now deteriorated so a new desktop has been purchased. My old one was upgraded through the years as required and had windows 10 installed during the roll our foc. Subsequently I upgraded this to windows 10 pro which was purchased from Microsoft store. Can I and how do I, transfer windows 10 pro to the new pc which came with windows 10 home pre-installed? As ever grateful for your advice, if its relevant both pc's are Dell's.

:)

stevecross3, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 27, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer of windows 10 pro

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

transfer of windows 10 pro

1. transfer of windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - transfer pro

2. Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do?: How do I activate my windows. I don't mind downgrading to home release, but would like to get rid of the activate windows prompt, especially since I own a license....
  3. Transferring W10 Pro license to me?

Transferring W10 Pro license to me?: Hello, My neighbor passed away recently. His family gave me his pc which is running Windows 10 Pro installed on a refurb pc. I own a pc with Win 10 Home OEM. Is there a way for me to transfer the product key & license to myself and upgrade my pc to W10 Pro? Thanks,...
  4. Does Easy File Transfer work going from W7-Pro to W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Easy File Transfer work going from W7-Pro to W10?: I'd like to move my stuff, not programs, from a very old PC with W7 to a newer PC with W10. Any chance this will work? 141280
  5. I have upgraded windows pro from home on my laptop. how can i transfer that license to my...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have upgraded windows pro from home on my laptop. how can i transfer that license to my...: I have upgraded windows pro from home on my laptop. how can i transfer that license to my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-windows-pro-from-home-on-my-laptop/8ca77991-fdb1-437b-b37f-1deca545fa3d"
  6. Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.

Transfer of the Windows 10 Pro license and further activation on another device.: The following problem has occurred. The display on the my old laptop is broken and cannot be repaired or replaced. Now I have acquired a new laptop and I want to transfer my license to a new laptop from old one. About the license, I bought a license on the official Microsoft...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another: I purchased a laptop earlier in the year that came with Windows 10 Home, and I bought Windows 10 Pro from the online store and upgraded. I've recently decided that I need a different laptop, and this one is being sold. I'd like to know if I can return this laptop to Windows...
  8. Slow File Transfers Windows 10 Pro 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow File Transfers Windows 10 Pro 1903: Some reason lately experiencing slow file transfers in Windows 10 Pro 1903, 18362.329 using Intel storage controller on USB 3.0 driver, sometimes goes as low as 1kb a second, or goes to 0 and stops a few moments, then continues, transferring like either a 4gb files or...
  9. Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc

Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc: I want to transfer the digital license for windows 10 from surface pro 3 (8.1 pro originally but upgraded to 10 pro) to a new pc (surface pro 6 with windows 10 home). That is , I want to upgrade my new surface pro 3 from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Can it be done?...
  10. Transfer windows Pro key to another computer

Transfer windows Pro key to another computer: I have a tablet with Windows 10 pro on it and I don't use that tablet any longer, Is it possible to transfer that pro license to another computer I have that has windows 10 home on it. Just want to Upgrade the home license to Pro....