Windows 10: Transfer old hard disk to new computer?

Discus and support Transfer old hard disk to new computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to transfer my HDD with Windows and all games to my new PC (different CPU, different board and RAM), because the game installations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SkatClub, Jun 27, 2020.

1. SkatClub Win User

Transfer old hard disk to new computer?

Hello, I would like to transfer my HDD with Windows and all games to my new PC (different CPU, different board and RAM), because the game installations take hours with my internet. Can I take over this without problems or do the drivers overlap?

:)

SkatClub, Jun 27, 2020

2. Hard disk slow transfer speed

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• In which drive are you transfer the files?
    • What is the hard drive format that you are using?
    To check the hard drive format, press Windows key + R, type
    diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue is still same, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the external hard drive to the system and run check disk to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 27, 2020
  3. xarzu Win User
    new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Transfer old hard disk to new computer?

How to transfer windows 10 to new SSD from Hard disk

Old title: Transfer windows 10 to ssd.

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop and I have upgraded to windows 10 Home via the windows update from windows 7 last year. It has a 500 gb hard disk and as the hard disk is running slow so I wish to install a SSD in place of the hard disk. Please tell
    me the procedure how can i copy windows 10 to new ssd.

nilotpalnandi, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Transfer old hard disk to new computer?

1. Transfer old hard disk to new computer? - Similar Threads - Transfer old hard

2. Transferring old emails to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring old emails to new computer: I have an old computer running W7. On that computer I used Windows Live Mail 2011 which would download to my computer. It did not keep a copy on the server. It does not have Outlook on it. I have tried installing Outlook on it but it keeps on ending the program and will not...
  3. Transferring old emails to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring old emails to new computer: I have an old computer running W7. On that computer I used Windows Live Mail 2011 which would download to my computer. It did not keep a copy on the server. It does not have Outlook on it. I have tried installing Outlook on it but it keeps on ending the program and will not...
  4. old hard drive and a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old hard drive and a new computer: I have what I think is a basic question, but I'm not sure. I just bought a new computer. It has not yet arrived. When it does, I want to put my old SSD into the new computer because it has my programs, files, etc. My issue is that the old SSD has Windows 10 installed on...
  5. transfer data from old computer to new computer

transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  6. Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk: My wife uses a laptop with 32MB emmc for bootdisk. I installed a 256MB ssd because windows 10 needs additional room to be able to update. How do I transfer Windows 10 to the SSD to boot from the SSD. The recovery partition on the emmc was deleted. Is there a way to...
  7. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  8. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  9. Transfer Files from old to new computer

Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  10. transfer files from old computer to new

transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"