Windows 10: Transfer old Windows 10 settings

Discus and support Transfer old Windows 10 settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've recently purchased an M.2 SSD to speed up boot times for Windows 10 - it's only 250Gb, so I wanted to install only the OS and keep all my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamie Aitch, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Transfer old Windows 10 settings

I've recently purchased an M.2 SSD to speed up boot times for Windows 10 - it's only 250Gb, so I wanted to install only the OS and keep all my other programs running from the old HDD. How do I transfer my old settings without cloning my system to the new drive it won't fit anyway?

I've already done a clean install on the M.2.

:)

Jamie Aitch, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2020
  3. DavidRVA Win User
    Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Transfer old Windows 10 settings

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Transfer old Windows 10 settings

1. Transfer old Windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - Transfer old settings

2. Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation: I had purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Home for my PC many years ago.A couple of days ago I purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded the Windows 10 Home with it.Can I still use that Windows 10 Home Somehow?I was thinking like in a Hyper-V.How would I do that?...
  3. Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation: I had purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Home for my PC many years ago.A couple of days ago I purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded the Windows 10 Home with it.Can I still use that Windows 10 Home Somehow?I was thinking like in a Hyper-V.How would I do that?...
  4. Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. transferring windows 10 from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transferring windows 10 from old to new computer: Hi There, my old computer is packing it in, so i have got a new one. want to know if i can download windows 10 and use my product key to activeate in on the new computer or do i have to buy windows 10 again?...
  6. Setting transfer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting transfer: My computers are not connected to the internet. Can I transfer all my settings for Win10 from one computer to another one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-transfer/a08ba453-15de-42b3-a461-4a3acd04ea0a
  7. transfer old laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer old laptop: I want to transfer an old laptop windows 7 to new laptop windows 10. Apparently there used to be a windows program that worked seamlessly, but is no longer included in Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 transfer from old device

Windows 10 transfer from old device: I bought a pc and it had windows 10 preinstalled in it. The windows is also under my microsoft account. However, the pc hdd broke a week ago and I got in BSOD loop and I can't log in to the pc. So how do I reinstall the windows because I want to replace the hdd. This is the...
  9. Transfer old laptop to new

Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e