Windows 10: Transfer old windows Live email/contacts into windows 10 Mail from old computer hard drive

Discus and support Transfer old windows Live email/contacts into windows 10 Mail from old computer hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I am required to transfer old emails/contacts from a hard drive used in a Windows 7 computer that has failed, into a new computer installed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulLauder, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Transfer old windows Live email/contacts into windows 10 Mail from old computer hard drive

Hi,I am required to transfer old emails/contacts from a hard drive used in a Windows 7 computer that has failed, into a new computer installed with Windows 10. The old hard drive is installed into a caddy and connected to the new computer where I am able to access the old files. What is the process to transfer old emails/contacts from the Windows Live program on the old Windows 7 computer into the new Windows 10 Mail program, if this is even possible? I have setup Mail with the old email address account and have the latest emails downloaded from the ISP server, but we want to have old emails/c

:)

PaulLauder, Jul 25, 2021

2. How to transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer?

Hi Laura,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• What is the email account you are have configured in the old computer?

• Do you use the Windows Live Mail program in your old computer also to access the emails?
    Please be informed that you need to import the emails and contacts to your Windows Live Mail. So that, you will be able to transfer the emails and contacts to the Windows Live Mail. For this you need to export the emails
    and contacts from your old computer. I suggest you to refer to the below link on how to import and export email, contacts with Windows Live Mail.

How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?

Windows Essentials

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 25, 2021
  3. How to transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer?

Original title: Laura

I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and successfully set up Windows Live Mail (as that is the mail program I like best). How can I transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer.

LauraFincher, Jul 25, 2021
  4. DonnDon Win User

Transfer old windows Live email/contacts into windows 10 Mail from old computer hard drive

transferring windows mail

Hello eskyjim,

My name is Don and I am a Windows 10 Independent Adviser. Let me try and give you suggestions on how you could transfer email folders and contacts to your new computer.

To transfer using Microsoft or Windows Live Account please do the following:

1. Open Windows Live Mail on your new computer and then click the "Home" tab then click the "Sign In" button.

2. Now you need to enter your Microsoft or Windows Live ID and password in the fields. Please take note that this must be the same Microsoft or Windows Live ID you used back in Windows Live Mail on your old computer.

3. Now press "Ok" and this should automatically transfer your mail, contacts and calendars.

To transfer your emails manually, you can try the following steps:

1. Create a new folder on your old computer so that this is where Windows Live Mail will place your exported emails.

2. Open Windows Live Mail and then click the "File" menu. Select "Export email" and then click "Email messages."

3. Select "Microsoft Windows Live Mail" as the file format and then click "Next". Now "Browse" and select the desktop folder you created earlier.

4. Click "Next" then select all of the email folders you want to export and click "Next" again to initiate the file export process. Click "Finish" when the export process is done.

5. Now you have the options to use a USB key or external hard drive on your computer to transfer the emails. Open File Explorer again and drag and drop your exported email folder from the desktop onto the USB key or hard drive. Eject the device once the files
    are copied, and then connect the USB key or hard drive to your new computer.

6. Open up Windows Live Mail on your new computer and click "File" and select "Import messages."

7. Select "Windows Live Mail" on the list of file formats, click "Next," then "Browse" and select the folder on your USB key or hard drive containing your exported emails.

8. Click "Next" and then click "Finish".

Now to transfer your contacts manually, you can do the following steps:

1. Select "Contacts" in Windows Live Mail on your old computer. Click "Export" on the ribbon.

2. Select "CSV". Browse to the location on your computer where you want to save the exported contacts file. Enter a name for the file and then click "Save."

3. Click "Next" and select which fields you want to export and click "Finish."

4. You may now use a USB drive or external hard drive to transfer your contacts. Drag and drop the CSV file to the device you want to use and connect it to the new computer.

5. Launch Windows Live Mail, click Contacts and click Import.

6. Browse the CSV file from the device you connected then click "Next" and click "Finish".

Hope these information helps.

DonnDon, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Transfer old windows Live email/contacts into windows 10 Mail from old computer hard drive

1. Transfer old windows Live email/contacts into windows 10 Mail from old computer hard drive - Similar Threads - Transfer old Live

2. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  3. Transferring old emails to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring old emails to new computer: I have an old computer running W7. On that computer I used Windows Live Mail 2011 which would download to my computer. It did not keep a copy on the server. It does not have Outlook on it. I have tried installing Outlook on it but it keeps on ending the program and will not...
  4. Transferring old emails to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring old emails to new computer: I have an old computer running W7. On that computer I used Windows Live Mail 2011 which would download to my computer. It did not keep a copy on the server. It does not have Outlook on it. I have tried installing Outlook on it but it keeps on ending the program and will not...
  5. How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Any newly purchased PC lets you zip through different tasks quickly and do other […] This article How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  7. Transfer emails and contacts from my old Windows 7 pc using Live Mail to a new Windows 10 pc

Transfer emails and contacts from my old Windows 7 pc using Live Mail to a new Windows 10 pc: I am in the process of setting up a new pc with Windows 10. My old one uses Live Mail in Windows 7. How do I transfer (i.e., export/import) emails and contacts from my old pc to the new one? Is this process different depending on the email app used on the new Windows 10 pc?...
  8. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  9. move windows live mail from old computer to new computer

move windows live mail from old computer to new computer: How do I move all my mail from one computer to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-live-mail-from-old-computer-to-new/46dc2d52-dca5-466b-86bf-b737d313cc2f"
  10. Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8

in Browsers and Email
    Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8: I have tried (and tried!) to copy my contacts from Windows Live Mail into my new Samsung Galaxy 8. I've been on all the forums looking for answers without success. Can someone help me with this please. Many thanks iris 62052