Windows 10: Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

Discus and support Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm in the process of building a new rig. I would like to transfer the OS from my current 512 SSD to a 1tb SSD. My Os is already linked to my MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xpac5896, May 15, 2018.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

I'm in the process of building a new rig. I would like to transfer the OS from my current 512 SSD to a 1tb SSD. My Os is already linked to my MS account and I printed out the steps about using the troubleshooter after a significant hardware change. The Question is: Can I clone the 512 to the 1tb or does it require a clean install? OS is Win 10 Pro.

:)

xpac5896, May 15, 2018
  2. JayRohwer Win User

[Win10] How to properly migrate data from 128mb SSD -> 1TB Hard Drive.

Helllo! I recently got a nice new computer that combines a 128GB SSD drive and a 1TB Hard Drive. I only left the Windows OS and other systems on the SSD, as it has not that much space, and I'm presently migrating some games I accidentally installed on it.

I'm hoping to move my "Users" folder (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc) into the 1TB Hard Drive, as they will eventually take up a lot of space, and the SSD has nowhere near enough space to deal with that. Could I move these over to the 1TB with no issues,
    or are there any other ways to send those files to the 1TB?

Thanks!

JayRohwer, May 16, 2018
  3. Upgrading a Windows 10 Laptop from HD to SSD.

Hi Ratnam,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Are you using both the hard drives or do you want to completely transfer all the data and OS from HD to SSD?

If you need to transfer everything then you need to install OS on SSD and transfer the data from HD to SSD.

• You need to have a product key for Windows 7, then create an installation media using the download link.
      Download Windows 10:Download Windows 10
    • Later install Windows 10 on SSD and activate it using the product key.
    • Then transfer (Copy and paste) the data from HD to SSD.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

1. Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD - Similar Threads - Transfer 512 1tb

2. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  3. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  4. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  5. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  6. How do I upgrade my SSD from 512 MB to 1TB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade my SSD from 512 MB to 1TB: I just bought a msi computer and I wanted to upgrade my SSD and I opened the computer from the bottom and I took the old ssd out and put the new one in I opened the computer up and it took me into Bios so then I took it to best buy and they told me you need to download...
  7. How do I upgrade my SSD from 512 MB to 1TB

How do I upgrade my SSD from 512 MB to 1TB: I just bought a msi computer and I wanted to upgrade my SSD and I opened the computer from the bottom and I took the old ssd out and put the new one in I opened the computer up and it took me into Bios so then I took it to best buy and they told me you need to download...
  8. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  9. Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD: I have recently purchased an SSD. Originally windows was installed in HDD. Now I want to transfer the OS from HDD to SSD. Will I lose my LICENSED version of windows, if I do this? And it is mentioned in settings that my windows is activated with the help of digital license...
  10. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....