Windows 10: Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine

Discus and support Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a problem with a small company that has been sold. All six machines in the office were first created with the boss's personal email account.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LBSPilot, Apr 15, 2019.

1. LBSPilot Win User

Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine

I have a problem with a small company that has been sold. All six machines in the office were first created with the boss's personal email account. He sold the company but the Microsoft account used by Windows 10 belongs to the old boss. How do we change the Microsoft account the machine is logging into while keeping all the apps/programs/data intact? I would like to keep the operations running exactly the same; no changes; but releasing the previous boss's account as the primary Microsoft login account and changing it to a new Microsoft account name/password. I don't want to have to reinstall all the programs and transfer the data to a new user. I just want to change the account Windows 10 uses to log in to Microsoft.

Thanks for the help.

:)

LBSPilot, Apr 15, 2019

2. Microsoft allows unlimited machine-to-machine transfers of Windows Vista

On October 16th, Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to limit the amount of times users transferred their Windows Vista license. There was a humongous outcry from computer hobbyists, and Microsoft has officially decided to let users transfer their copy of Windows Vista from one machine to another as many times as they like. This is of course assuming that the copy of Windows Vista is genuine, and that the said copy of Windows Vista is no longer on the machine Windows Vista was transferred from. Microsoft will not change any other components of their license, which includes a limit on running Windows Vista in a virtual machine.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner

This raises an interesting question.

The Seller certainly complies with EULA if he reinstalls 10 on a new pc, and activates it using a 7 retail key, if he removes ssd from old pc. The EULA just states you have to remove windows 10 from old pc, nothing about deactivation etc.

However, if buyer of old pc was later to put a blank drive in and clean install windows 10, it would probably activate due to the previous digital entitlement, as far as I can see. I am not suggesting new buyer is necessarily attempting to do anything illegal e.g. he could be just be trying windows 10 on a trial basis, and is surprised when it activates.

Common sense dictates that this cannot be correct, but how can this be prevented unless MS can detect this (perhaps they can?) and automatically deactivate, or provide a mechanism so user can formally deactivate, the original digital entitlement?

cereberus, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - Transfer owners machine

2. Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?: My sister has a Windows 10 PC she is giving to my nephew and we are trying to figure out how to get the licence in his name? I need to do a full reinstall but with the licence tied to my sisters account how would I do it? It was a Windows 7 till she did the free upgrade. I...
  3. I want to change the owner on a WIndows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change the owner on a WIndows 10 machine: I have a Win10 laptop and want to remove one user original setup as admin with an outlook.com ID and add replace with another user also an outlook.com ID. The new ID is part of another "family" group that I purchased an O365 subscription and want to install the apps on this...
  4. Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner: I have an Asus desktop that can with Windows 7 license and took advantage of the free upgrade. From memory I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then upgraded to 10 Pro. I've wiped the PC clean and removed it from my Microsoft account in the device management page of my...
  5. Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?

Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?: I have system that I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft OS upgrade process. (The Home license was Retail and not OEM.) So I believe the Pro license is associated to my Microsoft account. I want to sell the system and transfer all rights...
  6. Transfer Windows OS to new owner.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows OS to new owner.: I want to gift a PC to another person. How do I transfer the OS software to the new owner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-os-to-new-owner/8a32b790-e473-408f-a2d2-0bcc2ad44733
  7. Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner: In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021. Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner. Can...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine

Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine: Hello I've just built a server and set up a KVM hypervisor on it, and now I want to transfer a little-used mini PC with a Window 10 license to a VM. What implications are there? Can I just virtualize the machine and continue with the VM, since I have a licensed copy of...
  9. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner: I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my Outlook.com ID for install/managing the PC. I now want to sell the PC. It will be reset to factory, which is Windows 10 Home. How...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro Retail (Upgraded from Win 7 Pro Retail) currently installed in desktop I wish to sell. The issue is that the buyer is not interested in purchasing the OS so I will be removing the SSD it is currently installed on. What is the best way to...