Windows 10: Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

Discus and support Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has there been any progress on this apparently long-standing issue with the fact that many children start their XBox experience using their parents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LauraQ0220, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

Has there been any progress on this apparently long-standing issue with the fact that many children start their XBox experience using their parents Microsoft Account, but ultimately need to have their own as they enter their teenage years (without losing their gaming history). I can't simply hand over my entire Microsoft account (OneDrive files, O365, etc.) to my son, which seems to be the only solution that's offered on the various internet forums. It would seem this ability to transfer a gamertag from parent to child should've been a basic requirement in the planning for Microsoft Account/Xbox linkage. After all, we can't use parental controls until we're able to do this.

There are questions on this topic from users all the way back to 2012. Surely Microsoft has addressed this by now?

:)

LauraQ0220, Jul 29, 2019
  2. WindMill3 Win User

How to move childs Xbox gamertag from parents e-mail address?

How to move childs Xbox gamertag from parents e-mail address?

I have just purchased an Xbox for my 2 boys (aged 10 and 8). My 10 year old son already had an Xbox live gamertag which he used on his tablet device which was associated to my e-mail address (parent)

When we set up the Xbox we purchased Xbox Live Gold against the parent e-mail account which my son's Gamertag is associated.

Now, we've realised that we can't add Child restrictions to my sons Gamertag as it's associated to an adult account. We have changed his Gamertag on Xbox to a child, but we don't have the ability in Microsoft Account or Xbox to add restrictions around when
    the Xbox can be used or for how long as it is associated to my adult account.

Any advise how I can transfer his current Gamertag (with the Xbox live) to a new child account?

Thanks!

WindMill3, Jul 29, 2019
  3. profile/gamertag

Hi Fiona,

The email address that you used to create your child's Xbox Live account should be the same as the email address that you will use to log in on Windows 10. Once you are logged in to the same email address, it will show the same Xbox Profile, gamerscore and
    achievements.

To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Is there an email address attached to your child's account on the Xbox 360?
    • Did you create a new Microsoft Account or email address for the Child account online?

If the child account on Xbox 360 is not attached to an email address, follow the steps on this

link
    to connect an offline profile to a Microsoft Account and join Xbox Live.

If it is already connected to an email address in your Xbox 360, you can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to change the email.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 29, 2019
  4. TomBrad95 Win User

Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

1. Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child - Similar Threads - Transfer Parent's GamerTag

2. Cannot add parent to child's machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add parent to child's machine: I recently built a machine with my son and had him set up Windows. It automatically made him admin, but now when I go into Accounts under Settings, he is the only one listed as admin. I am a user on the machine, but do not show up in the list. When I log in as myself, I don't...
  3. Cannot add parent to child's machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add parent to child's machine: I recently built a machine with my son and had him set up Windows. It automatically made him admin, but now when I go into Accounts under Settings, he is the only one listed as admin. I am a user on the machine, but do not show up in the list. When I log in as myself, I don't...
  4. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  5. Childs PC and Parental PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs PC and Parental PIN: Apparently Windows has an issue that I have yet to find a solution to...My child's PC has parental controls turned on. It wants my PIN to allow updates for games etc. I cannot remember said PIN and there is no option anywhere to reset it. When I choose Forgot PIN, it tells...
  6. Childs PC and Parental PIN

Childs PC and Parental PIN: Apparently Windows has an issue that I have yet to find a solution to...My child's PC has parental controls turned on. It wants my PIN to allow updates for games etc. I cannot remember said PIN and there is no option anywhere to reset it. When I choose Forgot PIN, it tells...
  7. Moving a GamerTag to a Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moving a GamerTag to a Child Account: My oldest son registered and setup a GamerTag years ago, under my parents account and email. He has grown up and moved on, but my next son is using that account. Unfortunately that account and GamerTag is associated with the organizer role. I don't want him to lose his...
  8. Gamertag

Gamertag: I have a gamertag I do not want to use against my email address, how do I remove this but keep my email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamertag/819c8704-9c0e-4fa8-b09a-4350c2f2d953
  9. Parental controls - managing childs age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental controls - managing childs age: I have recently added my childs account to our family group. I am the parent just to be clear. However, I cannot manage my childs account info - when I click the link, the browser window "manage my childs account/Administrer mit barns profiloplysninger" just shows up empty,...
  10. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts: Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful. Thanks, Anand...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer gamertag to child account

2. transfer gamertag to family member

3. transfer my xbox gamertag to my son

4. transfer gamer tag to family member,
  5. how to make my xbox gamertag my childs gamertag,
  6. can i transfer organizer gamertag to child in xbox,
  7. transfer xbox gamertag to child