Windows 10: Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

Discus and support Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep all my photos in the Windows Pictures folder (in many sub-folders). I have noted that there are numerous pix in Google Photos that are NOT in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Donald Eager, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

I keep all my photos in the Windows Pictures folder (in many sub-folders). I have noted that there are numerous pix in Google Photos that are NOT in the Windows Pictures folder. I have been researching the Web to determine how pix in Google can be transferred to the Windows Pictures sub-folders. I do not use Google Drive would rather not use it or Windows Photo app to do this if possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

:)

Donald Eager, Jul 30, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders.

However, I want to be able to work with these files in the file explorer as well. Specifically, I want them in my Pictures library, but they are not there even though I've tried to add the Google Photos folder to my Pictures library.

In File Explorer, I open Google Drive, right-click on Google Photos, and select "Include in Library...Pictures". A pop-up says:

Code:
    Google Photos is already included in the library.
    In the Pictures library, I can try to search for a filename from Google Photos, and it is not there.

How do I view my Google Photos folder in the Pictures library?

jdmuratore, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

1. Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder - Similar Threads - Transfer pictures Google

2. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  3. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  4. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  5. Transfer pictures using Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer pictures using Photos app: My Photo Gallery is not displaying any photos past July 2020. Normally, they transfer automatically from my IPhone. How can I fix this? ***original title: Photo Gallery***...
  6. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  7. Transferring pictures from Windows Photos

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferring pictures from Windows Photos: I have over 37,000 pictures on my laptop and I need to know how do I transfer these pictures from my laptop to an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-pictures-from-windows-photos/b99c9924-d1eb-4c44-908c-426c16646c58
  8. "Pictures" to become imported /transferred to Windows Photos

"Pictures" to become imported /transferred to Windows Photos: How do I get the pics in Pictures to become imported to Windows 10 Photos ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-to-become-imported-transferred-to-windows/b85607c5-6195-481b-81f0-448170f113a7"
  9. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library: I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders. However, I want to be able to work with these files in the...
  10. transfer pictures

transfer pictures: I have windows 10, Havent been exactly happy with it, but now am furious!!! I have a canon camera which uses a sd card. I cannot transfer my pictures from the card to my computer. When I first fot the computer I could transfer the pictures, now it says use the drop box,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer pictures out of windows photos to picture folder

2. move pictures from google photo to a folder on pc