Windows 10: Transfer Pro licences from unused computers

Discus and support Transfer Pro licences from unused computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 2 old computers showing up in my account under devices. These to my knowledge were upgraded from Home to Pro via the whole Win 8 to Win 10 thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdamClark75, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Transfer Pro licences from unused computers

I have 2 old computers showing up in my account under devices. These to my knowledge were upgraded from Home to Pro via the whole Win 8 to Win 10 thing a while ago. The situation is now that I have now replaced the desktop and laptop with new, and I have now gone back to Win 10 Home, but want to find out if I can transfer/release the Pro licences from the old devices so I can use them on the new? It seems crazy that I now have to spend a load more cash for new licences when I have already bought/owned them, but they are now associated to old computers that are no longer in use at all.

Any ideas, help, direction?

:)

AdamClark75, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Ivienn Win User

Transferring two licences between three computers

I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working
    computer to lap top.

To explain in more detail:

Current situation:

• Lap top - Windows 10 pro licence, upgraded from windows 8.1. To my knowledge it's not OEM. I have reinstalled system from complete format few times on this device with this licence. I still have product key from 8.1.
    • Not working computer - Windows 10 home licence, upgraded from windows 7. For sure not OEM. I have reinstalled system from complete format few times on this device with this licence. I still have product key from 7 and access to hard drive windows is installed
      on.
    • New computer - Has no licence.

What I want to achieve:

• New computer - Windows 10 pro
    • Lap top - Windows 10 home

I read this
    article
    on how to transfer licence, but I'm not exactly sure how to proceed in my case.

Also how would it be best to install Windows 10, I only know how to get files from installation media, but I'm under impression that is bound to licence and computer?

Ivienn, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer

Hi,

I have retail Windows 10 Pro digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I want to transfer that licence to new laptop. What are the steps? Do I need to deactivate licence (and how) at first laptop and then install windows to other laptop and link
    somehow that licence to that laptop?

Thanks in advance

JovicaPantic, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Transfer Pro licences from unused computers

Windows 10 Pro Licence entitlement

Hi, thank you, this is what I was looking for.

You do good work here, thank you.

Nicholas

You can transfer the license to another computer though:

• How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

btw: this Licence transfer I am trying to do is for my brother who is living in China and I am not sure what kind of Licence this is. So some history. I bought this PC along 4 others from a Recycling depot with the Windows 7 Pro Licences restuck with cellotape
      onto the sides of the cases. I activated all the Licences before the free Windows 10 upgrade ended and all upgraded ok.

The numbers on this Licence is 548048-001 and the licence is labelled HP.

So I am now guessing they are all activated a second time on the computers I bought.

So maybe they will not activate again for my brother.

Spwiggles88, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Pro licences from unused computers

1. Transfer Pro licences from unused computers - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro licences

2. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  3. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  4. Transfer of licence to a new computer

Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  5. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  6. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  8. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  9. Windows Pro - transfer of licence

Windows Pro - transfer of licence: I purchased Windows Pro on my old lap top through the Microsoft store. I am no longer using this laptop and I want to transfer the licence onto my new laptop. I have signed into my Microsoft account and I can see the licence in my order history. I have checked the emails and...
  10. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...