Windows 10: Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

Discus and support Transfer Product key from laptop to pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi i'm a student, with a new pc. My problem is I cant afford a new windows product key. I do however have an old laptop with a copy of windows 10 pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Billy Griffiths, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

Hi i'm a student, with a new pc. My problem is I cant afford a new windows product key. I do however have an old laptop with a copy of windows 10 pro. Could you unlock my windows product key code on that laptop so I can transfer it over to my pc.

:)

Billy Griffiths, Mar 2, 2024

2. Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Regarding Transfer of Upgrade Product Key

Backstory:

1. I purchased a laptop that came with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home
    2. I purchased a retail Windows 10 Pro product key and upgraded the laptop.
    Question:

1. I have purchased a new laptop with an OEM version of Windows 10 home installed
    2. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro retail product key to the new laptop so I can upgrade the new laptop.
    3. Also, I would like to restore the OEM version of Windows 10 back onto the old laptop.
    4. Is there a way to do this.

southwestcoyote, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

Regarding how to deactivate my product key in my pc and transfer it to my laptop my product key is a digital license key ?

Regarding how to deactivate my product key in my pc and transfer it to my laptop my product key is a digital license key ?

aman reddyganta, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

1. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc - Similar Threads - Transfer Product key

2. need to transfer product key from a crashed PC to a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to transfer product key from a crashed PC to a new PC: My PC crashed. It is unrecoverable. I have the key to a Windows 7 operating system that was on the PC. I need to transfer that key to a new PC....
  3. need to transfer product key from a crashed PC to a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to transfer product key from a crashed PC to a new PC: My PC crashed. It is unrecoverable. I have the key to a Windows 7 operating system that was on the PC. I need to transfer that key to a new PC....
  4. Transferring Product Key

Transferring Product Key: Hi there,I got a Microsoft product key in 2019 when I got new laptop starting university. I have now finished university and I have just gotten a new laptop and wish to tranfer this product key across. However, I cannot login to see the product key as I initially used my...
  5. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Product key from laptop to pc: Hi i'm a student, with a new pc. My problem is I cant afford a new windows product key. I do however have an old laptop with a copy of windows 10 pro. Could you unlock my windows product key code on that laptop so I can transfer it over to my pc....
  6. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

Transfer Product key from laptop to pc: Hi i'm a student, with a new pc. My problem is I cant afford a new windows product key. I do however have an old laptop with a copy of windows 10 pro. Could you unlock my windows product key code on that laptop so I can transfer it over to my pc....
  7. transfer product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer product key: i upgraded my laptop windows 10 from Home to Pro. The laptop has died and been replaced, can i transfer my Pro upgrade to my replacement laptop which i would like to move from Home to Pro also?...
  8. Transfer Product Key

Transfer Product Key: Hi. My laptop is already 6 years old. I would like to change the HDD to SSD. I buy this laptop with original windows 8 already installed and then upgrade it to windows 10 during free windows 10 upgrade (not remember which year). Can I uninstall the product key on HDD and...
  9. Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?: I have decided to build a new PC instead of trying to fix the unsupported UEFI Disk problem I've had for the last year with my current PC. I have downloaded the Windows 10 Media and installed it to a USB drive. When the install routine asks for my product key, I would like to...
  10. Transfer of product key

Transfer of product key: My windows computer has crashed. I have decide to buy a new one without OS hoping to use the same product key I had already purchased for the crashed PC. Windows states I must first deactivate the first computer in order to transfer the product key. How do I do that if the...