Windows 10: Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

Discus and support Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Can someone tell me how to transfer PROGRAMS, files and settings from my old windows 10 laptop to my new windows 10 laptop? I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jskamm1, May 15, 2020.

1. jskamm1 Win User

Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to transfer PROGRAMS, files and settings from my old windows 10 laptop to my new windows 10 laptop? I want to transfer the programs also, not just the file and settings.

Also, both systems are 32 bit.

Thanks

John

:)

jskamm1, May 15, 2020

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 15, 2020
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, May 15, 2020
  4. Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Hi,

To transfer files from your old laptop to your new one, you can use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive or a thumb drive. Follow the steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port of your laptop.
    • Wait for the laptop to detect the USB drive.
    • Open a window for the files that you want to transfer and another window for the USB drive.
    • Select the files that you want to transfer, right-click and then click on
      Cut
      or Copy.
    • On the destination window, right-click and select Paste.
    • Make sure that files are completely transferred before removing the USB flash drive.
    • Insert the USB into your new laptop.
    • Access the files once the USB drive is detected.
    • Repeat the same procedure on how you transferred or copied the files from your old laptop to the flash drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

1. Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer PROGRAMS files

2. new update deleted files and programs. win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new update deleted files and programs. win 10: latest update for win 10 deleted programs and files, had to restore to earlier version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-deleted-files-and-programs-win-10/57d72fb9-3fcf-4e34-ac63-ecb8dbc1f557
  3. Transfer a Win 10 HDD into a Win 11 system purely for the files & programs

Transfer a Win 10 HDD into a Win 11 system purely for the files & programs: I have a new Windows 11 system and an old Windows 10 system. I want to take the Windows 10 hard drive and put it in the Windows 11 system. as there is a lot of files and programs. Can I do this? Will the Windows 10 HDD have any effect on Windows 11.There are a large number of...
  4. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...: I am going to need to transfer all the licensed software from an older laptop 12 years to a new laptop C-drive old to C-drive new.How do I do this so that the software will run on my new laptop as it does currently on my older laptop without using third-party software and...
  5. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...: I am going to need to transfer all the licensed software from an older laptop 12 years to a new laptop C-drive old to C-drive new.How do I do this so that the software will run on my new laptop as it does currently on my older laptop without using third-party software and...
  6. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

7. Transfer files on ClickFree to new Laptop

Transfer files on ClickFree to new Laptop: I purchased a new laptop and Inspiron 15 3000, and successfully downloaded most of my files, including photos. I need advice on how to now transfer them to my new laptop, please....
  8. Computer files programs transfer old to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"
  9. Transferring my insider program to a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring my insider program to a new laptop: I have been using a older Dell XPS13 Laptop for the Insider program. Originally it had OEM software on it, but I bought WIndows 7 and installed that. I moved to Windows 8 and then later moved up into Windows 10 Pro with the insider program. I ordered a new Dell XPS13 this...
  10. new laptop transfer files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...