Windows 10: Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives?

Discus and support Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello people, I hope you are keeping good and safe. I'm experiencing a huge transfer speed drop down on nearly every ssd,hdd that I have, and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrunoPi, Nov 30, 2020.

1. BrunoPi Win User

Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives?

Hello people, I hope you are keeping good and safe.
    I'm experiencing a huge transfer speed drop down on nearly every ssd,hdd that I have, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a hint of what could be.

I'm uploading several screenshoots that shoows how it starts with a proper write speed and you will notice how it drops to 70ish MBPS after a while.

I tried in many different drives and the result is always the same.
    to
    First Screenshoots is transfering from a SSD Samsung 860 QVO to an external HDD WD. It started 180 MPB and you can see droped to 70.

Second screenshoot is transfering from a SSD WD BLUE to a Samsung860 QVO, again starts at 480ish MBP and drop to 70. The SSD WD Blue is an external disk connected via USB C

Third screenshoots shows a transfer from my internal SSD'd both are Samnsung 860. Again, from 480ish drops after a while to 70.

I did tried with more several dist and result is always the same.

My pc is an i9 9900k , 64 GB ram and rtx 2070.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives? 0e8a6550-04ed-4559-91e1-d1d6226a8481?upload=true.jpg

Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives? 9bcf65de-97a0-4afa-942b-a2e8d0ca2508?upload=true.jpg

Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives? 57ca9cff-5150-4bf5-bdcb-6663519d10e0?upload=true.jpg

:)

BrunoPi, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Slow internal hard drive transfer rates

Hi,

Please be informed that data transfer rates from hard drive to a computer or to other hard drive depends on several factors like size for data that being transferred; other tasks running in the background; RAM etc. You may install all pending Windows updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Do let us know the performance of the computer. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Nov 30, 2020
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Understanding data transfer rates

The numbers in Task Manager and Resource Monitor make sense but I don't follow your calculations.

Task Manager is showing a raw transfer rate of 5.0 Mb/s. That is 5,000,000 bits per second. As there are 8 bits per byte that equates to 5,000,000/8 or 625,000 Bytes per second. That is considerably higher than the 483,000 shown in Resource Monitor but that is easily explained. Task Manager is showing the total data transferred over the network interface while Resource Monitor is showing the actual transfer rate to the file in question. TCP/IP is a complex protocol with multiple levels of overhead. 483,000/625,000=.7728, or about 77.28% transfer efficiency.

LMiller7, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Transfer rate decrease with multiple drives? - Similar Threads - Transfer rate decrease

2. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer rate...really?: Hi,Recently, when copying files from one folder to another large parts of folders or large files included, the transfer rate towards the end of the copy dies/goes to zero, and stays there.I have paused and unpaused..no changeI have restarted...no change.It is quite unexpected...
  3. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer rate...really?: Hi,Recently, when copying files from one folder to another large parts of folders or large files included, the transfer rate towards the end of the copy dies/goes to zero, and stays there.I have paused and unpaused..no changeI have restarted...no change.It is quite unexpected...
  4. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard drive transfer rate slow-help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive transfer rate slow-help: Sorry for my language ı am not native,Hi, I have a 1TB Internal Hard Drive of Toshiba brand it have 5400rpm in past it transfer rate used to go 60 to 80 m/b continuously, but now it start from 60 to 80 m/b for only one second and degrade to 10 to 30 m/b. When I got this...
  6. Hard Drive at 100% Active, Even with Transfer Rate at 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive at 100% Active, Even with Transfer Rate at 0: Hi there, Recently my computer has been experiencing slow downs and occasional program freezes. This happens mostly when opening the file explorer, or trying to access files on this drive. This seems to have occurred after an update, but this may or may not be related....
  7. Slow data transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow data transfer rate: I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and I've seen it go way faster but small or large it never goes over 55mb/s 151820
  8. Slow USB Transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow USB Transfer rate: My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that...
  9. Understanding data transfer rates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Understanding data transfer rates: Greetings - with much trepidation about whatever it is I'm not grasping, I humbly ask for some help here. While 'watching' a large download (a game) on Task Manager and Resource Monitor, I see different data transfer rates in different units. Task Manager may indicate I'm...
  10. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....