Windows 10: transfer/remove windows 10 Pro Key from a PC initially having windows 10 home

Discus and support transfer/remove windows 10 Pro Key from a PC initially having windows 10 home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I bought a PC a few weeks ago and it has windows 10 home built in. I was happy with it and decided to upgrade windows 10 home to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xiayizju, May 6, 2020.

1. xiayizju Win User

transfer/remove windows 10 Pro Key from a PC initially having windows 10 home

Hi everyone,

I bought a PC a few weeks ago and it has windows 10 home built in. I was happy with it and decided to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. So i bought a digital windows 10 key from Microsoft and loaded it into my PC.

Recently because of some issues I experienced, i decided to return this PC. I am wondering how I can "unload" the windows 10 Pro key from this PC so that I can use it for another PC? I tried to reset this PC completely, but it still shows windows 10 pro, not windows 10 home which it comes with.

Any solution for this? Thank you very much

:)

xiayizju, May 6, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 6, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 6, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. transfer/remove windows 10 Pro Key from a PC initially having windows 10 home - Similar Threads - transfer remove Pro

2. Trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home: I am trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home. I have access to the product key on the machine which was for Windows 7 Pro. However, when I clear the license from the old machine and attempt to transfer to the new, it fails. This was a...
  3. Trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home: I am trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home. I have access to the product key on the machine which was for Windows 7 Pro. However, when I clear the license from the old machine and attempt to transfer to the new, it fails. This was a...
  4. Trying to transfer Windows 10 Pro from an old PC to new PC with Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home Key Transfer to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Home Key Transfer to Windows 10 Pro: I have old Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. I also have VM installed on the old machine with Windows 10 Home Key. Now I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I want to install VMs on Windows 10 Pro. Is there anyway, i can upgrade Windows 10 Home VM key to Windows 10...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Home key on new PC Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Windows 10 Home key on new PC Help: My current PC has Windows 10 Home OEM installed on it that was installed via physical disk that I purchased when I built it. I want to use the same key to reinstall Windows 10 on my new machine, but I don't want to use them both simultaneously. I don't intend on using my...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from dead computer to current PC with Windows 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from dead computer to current PC with Windows 10 Home: I had an old PC with a Windows 8.1 Retail License that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade window a few years ago. That computer stopped working and rather than spending money on repairing it, I bought a new computer that has Windows 10 Home...
  8. Transfer from Windows 10 Home to new PC with 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer from Windows 10 Home to new PC with 10 Pro: Read Getting new PC with pre installed win 10 Pro. Need to xfer all infor, files, etc. from old pc with win 10 hiome, but especially connection info on Outlook on old PC.Ports, password, etc. Best way to do this xfer? Thanx!...
  9. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key: I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would like to use that pro key on it rather than my laptop. I tried the downgrade steps in this...
  10. How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?

How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?: I have read several posts here about this issue but they don't add up. I bought a windows 10 home notebook and upgraded to pro for $99. I've now decided to return that notebook. I would like to be able to use the upgrade that I've already paid on another future windows 10...