Windows 10: Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?

Discus and support Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've got a really old laptop that's struggling with Windows and I'd love to give it more life running as a basic stripped down Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EclipseNow, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?

Hi guys,

I've got a really old laptop that's struggling with Windows and I'd love to give it more life running as a basic stripped down Linux web-browser. But I have a full RETAIL Windows 10 product key, and would love to bootcamp Windows on my iMac. Do I need to 'uninstall' windows 10 on my old laptop first to let Microsoft know it is moving, or can I just wipe the old laptop with the Linux install?

Basically, does Microsoft care how I get rid of the old one, as long as it is gone and only 1 instance of my product key is working?

:)

EclipseNow, Feb 16, 2019

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Retail key to new laptop

I recently upgraded my old laptop to Windows 10 Pro Retail (not the free upgrade). Shortly after that, I got a new laptop, but it runs Windows 8. Since I already used the key on my old laptop, is it still possible to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Retail
    onto the new laptop? I don't plan on keeping the old laptop anymore, but I don't want the Windows 10 key to go to waste.

NickLee808, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 16, 2019
  4. DavidRVA Win User

Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine?

1. Transfer RETAIL Windows 10 from old laptop to new machine? - Similar Threads - Transfer RETAIL old

2. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  3. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  4. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  5. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Transfer from old to new laptop

Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer: Hi there I have an old computer with Windows 10 Pro Retail fully activated. It was originally a Windows 8 Pro retail key that I bought from a shop in a box and then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I would now like to transfer this old license to my new computer that also has...
  8. Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC: Hi there, I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it. Regards Sameer M...
  9. transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10

transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10: how to transfer files from old laptop to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop-in-windows/dcea54a4-2b16-4836-89ba-d41ac607e81d
  10. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows 10 retail from windows 7