Windows 10: Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable

Discus and support Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Galaxy S20 and a Windows 10 desktop computer, and I have a file folder I'd like to transfer from my computer to my phone. My computer has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lecanucklehead, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable

I have a Galaxy S20 and a Windows 10 desktop computer, and I have a file folder I'd like to transfer from my computer to my phone.

My computer has a USB C port, so I connected the two devices with the cable that came with my phone. My phone lets me know that it's charging, and also gives me the drop down notification that I'm connected to a device via USB, but nowhere in my computer do I see a way to drag and drop files to my phone.

Previously I had an Iphone, and this process was as simple as opening my file explorer and putting my files wherever I wanted. Am I missing something or am I going to have to do this wirelessly/with a different cable/with a card reader? Not a huge deal if that's the case, but I'd rather not have to reboot my phone every time I want to copy a couple folders over.

submitted by /u/lecanucklehead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lecanucklehead, Dec 22, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Belkin Expands Line-Up of USB-C Accessories

Belkin today announced the expansion of its USB-C product offerings.Designed to support existing and future USB-C laptops, smartphones and tablets, the new line of Belkin USB-C solutions allows users to charge, transfer, and sync at the fastest speed possible today. Available in the spring, the new USB-C solutions include a 4 Port Mini Hub, USB-C to HDMI Adapter, USB-C to USB-A Home Charger, USB-C to USB-A Car Charger, and MIXIT↑ USB-C Cables. The new Belkin USB-C accessories will be on display at the Belkin Booth (South Hall Booth #30445) at the CES Show January 6-10.

Designed with two USB-C and two USB-A ports, the Belkin 4-Port Mini Hub expands the functionality of any USB-C enabled laptop. Simply plug the USB-C tethered cable to the laptops port and connect the desired USB-C peripherals or accessories such as a flash drive, mouse, keyboard, or a printer. For connecting your USB-C-enabled device to your HDTV or 4K/Ultra HDTV, Belkin offers the new USB-C to HDMI adapter. The new adapter supports 4K resolution at 60 Hz (4K@60Hz) for the ultimate viewing experience.

Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable 32a_thm.jpg

For charging at home or in the car, the USB-C to USB-A Home and Car charging kits safely charge the latest USB-C enabled smartphones and tablets. Each charging kit includes a 6-foot USB-A to USB-C cable and a charger that offers a 2.1 Amp output for charging. Additionally, the USB-A port is universal, so it can be used with other types of cables to charge smartphones, tablets, wearables, or other devices that charge via USB-A.

"Belkin is dedicated to creating quality products that support the current standard and make the transition to USB-C a flawless one," Melody Tecson, director of product management at Belkin. "As industry leaders, we understand the importance providing products that flawlessly integrate into people's lives, while also educating consumers about what this new standard means. We have a devoted USB-C resource center where users learn more about the benefits of USB-C, and find the right cable for their devices."

Durable and flexible, MIXIT↑ USB-C to USB-C cables securely plug into any USB-C enable device for a quick charge and sync of files. Also included in the MIXIT↑ family are Belkin's USB-C to USB-A cables for charging existing devices.

Belkin's new USB-C solutions:

4-Port Mini Hub- $49.99
    • 2x USB-A Ports
    • 2x USB-C Ports
    • 5Gbps Data Transfer Speeds (shared)
    • Powered through USB-C host device
    • Tethered Type-C Cable for easy access
    • Charge peripherals with 900mAh (shared)
    • USB-C to HDMI Adapter - $49.99
    USB-C Male and HDMI Female
    • Supports 4K @60HZ
    • 15cm length
    • USB-C Cable + Car Charger - $29.99
    The charger connects to your USB-C device with the provided USB-A to USB-C cable. The universal USB-A charging port can be used with other cable types.
    Up to 2.1 Amps for charging smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other accessories
    6-foot USB-C cable for in-car charging, reaching easily from the CLA outlet to anywhere in the car, even to passenger seats, or hidden power outlets.
    Cable provides data transfer support up to speeds of 480Mbps
    USB-C Cable + Home Charger - $34.99

The charger connects to your USB-C device with the provided USB-A to USB-C cable. This universal USB-A charging port can be used with other cable types.
    Up to 2.1 Amps for charging smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other accessories
    Cable provides data transfer support up to speeds of 480Mbps
    MIXIT USB-C to USB-C Charge Cable (Metallic) - $24.99

MIXIT USB-C to USB-C Charge Cable (Classic) - $19.99

2.0 USB-C to USB-C
    • Connect between USB-C enabled devices
    • Reversible connector
    • 480Mbps data transfer rate
    • 3A charging output
    • 6 foot length
    • The braided cables are available in black, gold, silver, white, and gray
    • Standard cables are available in black, blue, pink, purple, red, green, and white
    • MIXIT↑ 2.0 USB-C to USB-A Charge Cable - $19.99
    2.0 USB-C to USB- A
    • Reversible connector
    • 3A charging output
    • 6 foot length
    • Available in black, blue, pink, purple, red, green, and white
    • MIXIT↑ 2.0 USB-C to Micro-USB Charge Cable - $19.99
    2.0 USB-C to Micro-USB
    • 3A charging output
    • 6 foot length
    • Available in black, blue, pink, purple, red, green, and white
    Also on display are Belkin's line of existing USB-C cables and adapters:

The implementation of USB-C technology means an improvement in the capabilities of everyday devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It will allow for USB-C enabled devices to be thinner and lighter, and will eliminate the need for users to carry multiple cables. All USB-C cables have a reversible design, which means that users can seamlessly plug their USB-C cable into the UBS-C port without worrying about the orientation or direction of the plug. Users will be able to rapidly charge, take advantage of USB 3.1 data transfer speeds between their external devices, and connect audio video outputs such as HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort with forthcoming adapters.

3.1 USB-A to USB-C Cable - $29.99

Connect USB-C enabled devices with standard USB-A devices
    • USB-IF certified
    • Reversible USB-C connector
    • 10Gbps data transfer rate
    • 3 foot length
    • 3.1 USB-C to USB-C Cable - $29.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices with standard USB-C devices
    • USB-IF certified
    • 3 foot length
    • 3.1 USB-C to Micro-B Cable - $29.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices with standard Micro-B devices
    • USB-IF certified
    • 3 foot length
    • 2.0 USB-C to Mini-B Charge Cable - $19.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices to Mini-B devices and peripherals
    • USB-IF certified
    • 500MA charging output
    • 480Mbps data transfer speeds
    • 6 foot cord length
    • 2.0 USB-C to USB-B Printer Cable - $19.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices to USB-B 2.0 devices and peripherals
    • USB-IF certified
    • 480Mbps Data Transfer Speeds
    • 6 Foot Cord Length
    • 3.0 USB-C to USB-A Adapter - $19.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices to USB-A devices and peripherals
    • USB-IF certified
    • 1.5A charging output
    • Up to 5Gbps data transfer speed

btarunr, Dec 22, 2020
  3. NOV
    Nov Win User
    No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files

Brand: RazerModel: Razer

Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition)

Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes

Does this happen on other laptops? : No

Does this occur when using different cables? : Yes

Does this occur on both modes MTP and PTP? : Yes

What happened when the device is unplugged While attempting to transfer a file?:

An error occurs as if the file were transferring in the background unseen but, it isn't.
    It's been checked under task manager.
    Steps Taken:Deleted any and all drivers dealing with Android through Device Manager -> show hidden devices -> uninstalled drivers.

Used different usb type "c" cables.

Uninstalled and reinstalled one plus drivers,

Uninstalled drivers for mtp and reinstalled

Updated all drivers per laptop website

Ran sfc/scannow tools, no issues found

Ran disk clean up, cleared all and any temp file (ex: cache, cookies, java cache)

This issue has been found to be windows itself and not the device(s).

Please feel free to throw me suggestions after reading through what was done! *Biggrin

4. Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable

Download via USB Cable, Android to Windows 10

Here is the key to USB connection with Android... first you must change the Android default setting when connecting a USB cable.

After connecting to the USB cable and computer, swipe on phone to get settings/notifications...

find the notification for USB (see USB symbol to the left of the notification)...

tap on this notification...

you will see the selectable options:

-Charging

-File transfer

-Photo transfer

-Software installation

-MIDI

Note: Default selection is "Charging"

Select either "File Transfer" ... or ... "Photo Transfer"

and then you will be able to see your folders listed in your Windows Explorer file folders (underneath the name/model of your Android device)

copy, delete or whatever you need to do with normal Windows commands/functions...

(be careful and not disturb the original file structure listed on your Android device - copy/delete your files by selecting them individually or with "select all" command WITHIN any particular file folder),

Good luck...

my next effort will be to try to figure out how to DOWNLOAD/DELETE files FROM the VERIZON CLOUD from Android device (or from/with the PC itself...

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?

I don't see command/selection options for this within the VERIZON CLOUD...

NumberoneD, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable

1. Transfer riles from Win10 to Android Phone vis USB C cable - Similar Threads - Transfer riles Win10

2. Problems transferring photos from android phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems transferring photos from android phone to laptop: I have been trying to transfer photos from my phone to the laptop and nothing seems to work and I need help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-transferring-photos-from-android-phone-to/583f6a8b-599e-493d-8844-283ed31f909e
  3. Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop: How do I transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop not via MyPhone app, not via OneDrive, not via any other cloud storage service? I'm trying to simply access my phone's picture folder through USB and transfer photos to the laptop, and my photo folder on the...
  4. Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop: How do I transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop not via MyPhone app, not via OneDrive, not via any other cloud storage service? I'm trying to simply access my phone's picture folder through USB and transfer photos to the laptop, and my photo folder on the...
  5. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  6. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  7. wild life camera download vis USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wild life camera download vis USB cable: Hi I have been using a wildlife camera for around a year and I down load the footage via the USB port daily, all has been working well until the last 3 days It opens the camera file and allows me to start viewing the content then after a couple of videos it just stops saying...
  8. Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable

Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable: HEY, I BOUGHT ASUS VIVOBOOK GAMING LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 A FEW DAYS AGO. WHEN I AM CONNECTING MY ANDROID PHONE TO THE PC , IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZES IT , BUT CHARGING IS ACTIVATED IN THE PHONE . EVERY OTHER DEVICE FLASH DRIVE , INPUT DEVICES [MOUSE,KEYBOARD] ARE BEING RECOGNIZED...
  9. Transfer photos from Android phone to Windows10 computer.

Transfer photos from Android phone to Windows10 computer.: Transferring photos from my android phone to windows 10, the process freezes up. It has worked for several years, but after windows 10's latest update it won't transfer....
  10. USB Transfer Cable

USB Transfer Cable: I am trying to us a USB transfer cable to pull files from my Windows 7 computer to my Windows 10 computer. No dice with Easy Suite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-transfer-cable/f4ab9e35-efe1-4b11-a6dc-4e60ba1e0741