Windows 10: transfer server after motherboard failure

Discus and support transfer server after motherboard failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I transfer server 2011 after its motherboard died? Do I have to reinstall it on the new MB, or can I just reconnect the HD to the new MB?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobTrotterRipley, Jan 8, 2019.

1. transfer server after motherboard failure

How do I transfer server 2011 after its motherboard died?

Do I have to reinstall it on the new MB, or can I just reconnect the HD to the new MB?

:)

BobTrotterRipley, Jan 8, 2019

2. Motherboard failure

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 8, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jan 8, 2019
  4. transfer server after motherboard failure

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

transfer server after motherboard failure

1. transfer server after motherboard failure - Similar Threads - transfer server motherboard

2. Following a motherboard hardware failure...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following a motherboard hardware failure...: Following a motherboard hardware failure i need to get the license key for my windows 10 pro but am unable to as the motherboard is completely inoperable.Am unsure how to proceed....
  3. Motherboard failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard failure?: My Asus Z87 motherboard computer is continually making the sound of a USB being disconnected and reconnected. Device Mgr. shows a yellow error code at 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' > 'Unknown USB Device Device descriptor Request Failed. Device Mgr. 'Events' states...
  4. Motherboard failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard failure?: My Asus Z87 motherboard computer is continually making the sound of a USB being disconnected and reconnected. Device Mgr. shows a yellow error code at 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' > 'Unknown USB Device Device descriptor Request Failed. Device Mgr. 'Events' states...
  5. Motherboard failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Transfer Activation Key after new Motherboard

Transfer Activation Key after new Motherboard: I built a PC a month ago and activated Windows 10 pro on it. Last week I had to replace the motherboard and now my key doesn't work. I called Microsoft support to transfer the key and they said the key was exhausted. I only used it once, but maybe it was used somehow before I...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap

Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently change my motherboard and now I am receiving an activation error: "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213." I have tried the "Troubleshoot" option along with the "I changed hardware on this device recently"...
  8. Motherboard failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard failure: I believe my mobo celebrated the 4th of July last night. It just shut off and I smelled something burning. I let it sit overnight and then it turned on but didn't boot. Holding the power button didn't turn it off. Had to flip the psu switch. I swapped the cpu and it booted...
  9. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.: About a week ago my computer components spontaneously decided they've lived far past their warranties. The PSU was the first to go, then the HDD (which I backed up), then finally my motherboard. Pretty expensive week. The transition to a new mobo went smoothly and...
  10. Server transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server transfer: I have a character on server 839, I can no longer transfer to another server. I can put dinos in the transmitter but when I click to join another server nothing happens. I get no action at all. It just stopped a couple of weeks ago. I even took everything off the character...