Windows 10: transfer speed drops after few second

Discus and support transfer speed drops after few second in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i need help with transfer speed, because after few second of tranfering speed goes to very slow . thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RuslanKolomijec, Aug 16, 2019.

1. transfer speed drops after few second

Hi i need help with transfer speed, because after few second of tranfering speed goes to very slow . thanks

:)

RuslanKolomijec, Aug 16, 2019
  2. alecm3 Win User

USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT defective.

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then
    drops again intermittently.

I connect the same Seagate drive to the right USB port. The same 4GB file transfers with a constant speed of approximately 150MB/s. Thus the Seagate drive is not defective. Perhaps the left USB port is defective.

I connect a Sandisk 128GB flash drive to the left USB port (that is now suspected defective). It transfers the same 4GB file with constant 130MB/s speed, no speed drops!

Each step is reproducible 10x.

I am out of my wits here.

alecm3, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 file transfer

You write "the file transfer speed drops to zero", yet the xcopy command does not provide you with any feedback about speed or progress. I suggest you do this to drill down a bit further:

• Examine the event logger (as mentioned before)
    • Use robocopy instead of xcopy:

robocopy F:\ D:\ /s
    • Repeat the copy process on a different machine

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Adalwar Win User

transfer speed drops after few second

SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop

When transferring files from my external SSD/USB3.0 to my PC, the speed drops from around 300MB/s to 105MB/s.
    It stays at 300MB/s almost 60% of the transfer, then it Drops.

What to do so that there is no Drop?

EDIT: Disabling the "Write Cache" for HDD in PC, the speed drops to around 45MB/s, instead of 105MB/s.

transfer speed drops after few second [​IMG]

Adalwar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

transfer speed drops after few second

1. transfer speed drops after few second - Similar Threads - transfer speed drops

2. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  3. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  4. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  6. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  7. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...: When I run the speed-test, it begins as it usually was in terms of speed that was there before when I didn't have an issue with anything but after 2-3 seconds the meter freezes and immediately drops to 20Mb then starts going a bit up just to freeze again and drop a bit again...
  9. Sudden drop in transfer speed between SSDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden drop in transfer speed between SSDs: [ATTACH] I was copying files from my NVMe SSD to the SATA SSD and the speed dropped by like 75% to 70-80MB/s. Both drives are fairly new so I'm not sure what might be the cause. I checked and see that the Shadow Copy service is set to Manual, so I don't think that's the...
  10. copy sata to sata disk speed drops after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy sata to sata disk speed drops after few seconds: Hi, I have a pc recently upgraded z390 designare, 64 GB ram 2133, i9900k where I installed 2 hd 8TB barracuda. I am using the two disks as mirror, but not raid, folders are update with a 3rd party software, run manually when I need to. Copying the contents of the first...