Windows 10: Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

Discus and support Transfer speed from one SSD to another... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I feel like the transfer rate should be a LOT faster than 20-30mb/s average moving one movie file from one SSD to another. My boot drive and games are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, May 4, 2021.

1. Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

I feel like the transfer rate should be a LOT faster than 20-30mb/s average moving one movie file from one SSD to another. My boot drive and games are on NVME's. Movies/TV shows on 1 SSD Downloads go to a 2nd SSD Installation apps/random stuff goes on the 3rd SSD.

:)

gettheclicker, May 4, 2021

2. Slow data transfer speed.

Hi,

One of the possible reason that this issue occurs is due to the driver compatibility after Windows upgrade. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• What type of data transfer speed are you referring to? Is it internet connection speed or file transfer speed?
    • If you are referring to file transfer speed, are you using USB drive or Bluetooth to process file transfer? or,
    • If you are referring to internet connection speed, are you using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you tell us any troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Efraim Gar, May 5, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 5, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

Hi there

@Lequarius

1) try and remove any sort of optimising off an SSD drive - these don't need it - especially with that CPU you have
    2) disable all A/V (Anti Virus software) apart from WD (Windows defender).

The other thing is that HDD transfer is highly dependent on the RPM speed and cache size of the HDD -- don't worry about the SSD - it has no moving parts and speed is light years faster than typical classical HDD's anyway.

If you've got slow RPM disks with a small cache size you'll get hideously slow transfer even if you had the fastest cray supercomputer on the planet with the fastest I/O bus around.

HDD's should be at least 7200 RPM or even better at 10,000 RPM with the largest possible cache size. A slow 5400 RPM HDD (probably what your 2TB disk is with a tiny cache) -- will make a system run as slow as molasses for data transfer !!!!

Without knowing more about the physical engineering specs of that machine I can't suggest anything else -- but you should be getting normally at least 300 - 500 Mb/s transfer speeds on average. I assume its direct file transfer and not over a LAN or wifi.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

1. Transfer speed from one SSD to another... - Similar Threads - Transfer speed SSD

2. How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?: Good day, I've just installed an additional M.2 SSD into my laptop. I want to migrate the OS from my first SSD to the new one.Could you assist me with this issue?If I migrate from one SSD to another, will I lose the license of my Windows OS I want to transfer the OS along...
  3. How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?: Good day, I've just installed an additional M.2 SSD into my laptop. I want to migrate the OS from my first SSD to the new one.Could you assist me with this issue?If I migrate from one SSD to another, will I lose the license of my Windows OS I want to transfer the OS along...
  4. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  5. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  6. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  8. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  9. SSD hardware transfer from one machine to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD hardware transfer from one machine to another.: I tried the other day to ask how to upgrade a drive in a HP Notebook 14. That is still a work in progress... But thank you to the people who answered that question. I'm awaiting a larger OEM drive to arrive in the mail. Here is this problem: I have three HP branded...
  10. Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?: Could I possibly get some help on how best I can upgrade my existing SSD. I have a 256 GB SSD which I would like to upgrade to a 480 GB SSD. I already have the new SSD and want to upgrade it tommorow. How best I can transfer/migrate my OS (Windows 10 Insider Preview) from the...