Windows 10: Transfer SSD to new laptop

Discus and support Transfer SSD to new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geoffharry, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Transfer SSD to new laptop

My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing Windows 10 licence ro a new computer bought without an OS?

:)

Geoffharry, Jan 7, 2019
  2. neilpzz Win User

Transfer of SSD Drive to new Laptop

If you upgraded the SSD to Windows 10 from a previous version you have a digital licence which is only valid for the device it was installed on. You can transfer the SSD to a new device but you will need to buy a new licence key to enable it to activate
    on the new device.

It will probably still work on the new one if you fit the SSD after device manager updates the differences in hardware but it wont be activated.

neilpzz, Jan 7, 2019
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 7, 2019
  4. D_777 Win User

Transfer SSD to new laptop

How to transfer ssd to new computer with windows 10 without formating?

How to transfer ssd from old to new computer?

The ssd has only one partition. It has windows 10 as os. The only difference are the drivers and hardware in the new laptop computer. So the new laptop will not boot with that ssd.

The ssd has data I want to keep.

D_777, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Transfer SSD to new laptop

1. Transfer SSD to new laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer SSD laptop

2. Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop: Hi,So...I have a question.Four months ago, I bought a laptop MSI stealth G77, it was delivered with windows 11 already installed so I'm thinking an OEM version of it.I quickly ran out of spaceon the 1To ssd with all my games and programs. So I bought an extra SSD of 2To to...
  3. Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop: Hi,So...I have a question.Four months ago, I bought a laptop MSI stealth G77, it was delivered with windows 11 already installed so I'm thinking an OEM version of it.I quickly ran out of spaceon the 1To ssd with all my games and programs. So I bought an extra SSD of 2To to...
  4. Transferring activated windows to new ssd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring activated windows to new ssd.: I just bought a laptop with official windows homesingle language in buildOEM key, but the problem is that the laptop has HDD, and working on HDD is like taking a hell of a lot of time. I have thought to upgrade to Nvme SSD. So now the question is how can I reinstall my...
  5. Transferred Windows to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferred Windows to new SSD: So I have 2 HDD and a new M.2 and I used one for years for Windows but I just got the M.2 and transferred windows 10 to it. All my hard drives are working but I cant figure out how to access any of my programs like Chrome and my old pictures. How do access them with out...
  6. Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD: I have a old HDD that has windows 10 and I have got a whole new pc but that is the only piece I brought over from my old set up to keep windows 10, I purchased a SSD and heard that I have if I have my windows 10 connected to my Microsoft account there was a way to transfer...
  7. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop: Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer. In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst...
  8. transfer windows to new ssd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows to new ssd drive: I know all the hard ways to buy a new drive and jury rig my windows 10 to the new drive, etc... But what is the official way, the Microsoft way to take everything on DRIVEC OLD and move it to the new and faster DRIVEC NEW? I've used disk mirroring software and then windows...
  9. Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop: I have a laptop with a 2.5 inch 128gb SSD. This SSD has windows 10 on it along with a number of other programs, files, etc. I would like to take the SSD out of my laptop and install it in my desktop, which already has its own SSD in it with windows 10 installed. So my...
  10. Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC: Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all the new hardware?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer ssd to new laptop

2. transfer ssd from old laptop to new laptop