Windows 10: Transfer to NVME drive?

Discus and support Transfer to NVME drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new Western Digital NVME drive. Never had one before. Figure it good time to get one since new consoles have them. It's the SN750 which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teutonicnight99, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Transfer to NVME drive?

I just got a new Western Digital NVME drive. Never had one before. Figure it good time to get one since new consoles have them. It's the SN750 which is a pretty good one.

Currently have a normal Samsung 850 Evo SATA SSD and a HDD. OS and games are on the SSD. Random shit on HDD.

Is there a way for me to just transfer the OS and everything to the NVME? Have the Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. Really don't feel like reinstalling all my drivers and programs. Transfer to NVME drive? :( Will take days to do that.

Also, why can't I download the new Windows update? >:{ https://i.imgur.com/G17plxL.jpg

submitted by /u/teutonicnight99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teutonicnight99, Jun 6, 2020

2. Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive

So I've recently purchased a WD Black 250GB NVME drive. I'd like to transfer everything on my current Corsair Force LS SSD (240GB) onto it.

Is there a tool within windows or a tool that can be vouched for as safe to do this with?

AlistairHardy, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Transfer to NVME drive?

Imaging windows to NVMe drive

I'm trying to come up with a way to simply image a windows install to an NVMe drive. Currently the solution that I have got working is using AOMEI to copy the Windows OS to the NVMe drive but then when I boot into the NVMe drive the drive letter is changed
    which screws up a bunch of things in windows. I have to then change the drive letter in the registry to get it to work. I'm just wondering why a bit to bit data transfer doesn't work and why a util like AOMEI is needed to copy over the system. Ideally I would
    like a solution that would allow multiple operating systems to be copped over.

anthonyfortner, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Transfer to NVME drive?

1. Transfer to NVME drive? - Similar Threads - Transfer NVME drive

2. Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD: So, I recently got a 500gb Samsung 980 Pro and I want to transfer Windows from my 1TB WD Blue to my new SSD. So I set it up and everything went well setting it up wise, until I looked up how to change the boot drive in my PC. For all of the scenarios they had a 1tb HDD then a...
  3. Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD: So, I recently got a 500gb Samsung 980 Pro and I want to transfer Windows from my 1TB WD Blue to my new SSD. So I set it up and everything went well setting it up wise, until I looked up how to change the boot drive in my PC. For all of the scenarios they had a 1tb HDD then a...
  4. Windows lost NVME Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows lost NVME Drive: Windows was showing the drive. It was in use, then I shut the machine down for the day. Started machine up, drive did not show in Windows. Rebooted, checked and drive shows in UEFI, but not in windows....
  5. Nvme drive disappered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nvme drive disappered: Hi everyone thanks for reading my endeavors. So a few days ago I was overclocking my ram and had a crash on start up and got error code0xc000000f. I did some research and just decided to reinstall windows using an ISO. Ever since I reinstalled windows my NVMe drive...
  6. Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?: Hi I ran a hyper-v vm this morning and I tried to add a physical drive which I do regularly as I need to access the data on it. Up until today, that data has always been on an SSD but I recently moved all that data onto a new NVMe drive. The first time I tried, I added it...
  7. NVME 1.3 Drive Bug

NVME 1.3 Drive Bug: Not sure which update exactly caused this issue to appear but my Adata SX 8200NP appears to have its write speeds capped at SATA speeds of 550MBps despite being an NVME 1.3 SSD managing NVME level sequential read speeds of 2.8GBps....
  8. Problems with 2nd NVME drive

Problems with 2nd NVME drive: I am building a new system to dual boot, I have installed both operating systems on different drives, Linux on one of the NVME drives and Windows ver 1909 on a SATA SSD. IN BIOS/UEFI I always see both NVME drives but when logging into Windows it sometimes sees both drives...
  9. transferring drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring drive: I built a new computer and will be installing a full version of Win 10 to a m.2 nvme drive. The old machine had OEM Win10. Can I move the old drive as a second drive in the new machine, or will I lose all the data and games on it?...
  10. Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive: So I've recently purchased a WD Black 250GB NVME drive. I'd like to transfer everything on my current Corsair Force LS SSD (240GB) onto it. Is there a tool within windows or a tool that can be vouched for as safe to do this with?...