Windows 10: Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build?

Discus and support Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have built a new PC as my old PC is starting to die out. Previously my old PC ran windows 7 pro and when I received my pre-built pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aidannorton101, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build?

Hello, Recently I have built a new PC as my old PC is starting to die out.

Previously my old PC ran windows 7 pro and when I received my pre-built pc all them years ago I got a driver disk and a product key along with it.

Yesterday I finally upgraded from Win7 pro to the new windows 10 and now I wish to move this newly upgraded windows 10 to my new rig as I intend to sell the old one and carry on with the operating system I got with the old PC.

I was unable to move my windows 7 pro onto my new rig as it would bluescreen and state that my key was already in use so I assumed I needed to transfer it. Also the fact that I was told that my new CPU (I7 8700K) can only run 8.1 or higher so I upgraded before transfer.

I wanted to know if that was possible and If its safe to do so? I already had a look online but I have seen lots of things saying "you can transfer" but then others where they state I can't forums alike.

I needed some form of confirmation and method on how exactly I can deactivate my upgraded win10 and move it to the new one?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

aidannorton101, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 7, 2019
  3. jastgop Win User
    Can I upgrade OEM win 10 home to Pro and then transfer to a new build PC?

Hi, I bought a laptop 5 years ago which came with win 8.1 OEM installed. I did the free upgrade to win 10 home when this came available.

I have built my own PC with new components, but I'm aware that I can't transfer the win 10 home license as it is OEM and linked to the hardware of the old laptop.

What I was wondering, is if I upgrade the win 10 home to win 10 pro via the windows store on my old laptop, will this allow me to then transfer the win 10 pro license to my new build PC, or will this license continue to be linked solely to the existing laptop?

Hope that makes sense.

jastgop, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Devils41 Win User

Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build?

Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build?

1. Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build? - Similar Threads - Transfer Upgraded build

2. Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10, trying to transfer to new Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10, trying to transfer to new Build: New PC build, trying to transfer old PC product code.The old PC, I have deactivate the product code.I had Windows 8.1 with the free upgraded to 10.Installed Windows 10 on new PC and product code is not working.Suspect code is only for 8.1How do I format the hard drive M.2 so...
  3. Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10, trying to transfer to new Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10, trying to transfer to new Build: New PC build, trying to transfer old PC product code.The old PC, I have deactivate the product code.I had Windows 8.1 with the free upgraded to 10.Installed Windows 10 on new PC and product code is not working.Suspect code is only for 8.1How do I format the hard drive M.2 so...
  4. Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10, trying to transfer to new Build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 transfer to new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 transfer to new build: I have a 10 year old computer that I built with a OEM Builders Pack version of Win Pro 7 64 bit. This was subsequently upgraded to Win 10 by Microsoft. It's time for a new build. Is the Win 10 version transferable to the new build?...
  6. Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home: I have purchased a new computer with Win 10 Home. I have an old computer which was upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. It is activated digitally. I want to down grade the old computer to Win 10 Home and upgrade the new one from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. The cost of...
  7. Can I upgrade OEM win 10 home to Pro and then transfer to a new build PC?

Can I upgrade OEM win 10 home to Pro and then transfer to a new build PC?: Hi, I bought a laptop 5 years ago which came with win 8.1 OEM installed. I did the free upgrade to win 10 home when this came available. I have built my own PC with new components, but I'm aware that I can't transfer the win 10 home license as it is OEM and linked to the...
  8. Win 10 Build Upgrade

Win 10 Build Upgrade: Hi, we have windows 10,1511 build version,I want to upgrade the build to version 1703 without formatting the system,, Tell me the possible solutions for this or tell me the exact windows patch to upgrade the same !...
  9. NEW BUILD win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW BUILD win 10: has microsoft released a new iso for windows 10 today 7124
  10. Transferring a Win 10 to a new PC, with a free upgrade license

Transferring a Win 10 to a new PC, with a free upgrade license: This may already have been answered, but I haven't seen it answered in a way that I thought captured the significant details. Scenario: I have a PC with a retail copy of Win 8.1 Pro installed and activated. I get the free Win 10 Pro upgrade by download. I create an .iso...