Windows 10: Transfer various email files in a folder in ThunderBird to a bookmark folder on the same...

Discus and support Transfer various email files in a folder in ThunderBird to a bookmark folder on the same... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I started a project not to long ago. I received various emails trying to help out. Since I have 2 computers I would like to combine all the emails onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BruceLague, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Transfer various email files in a folder in ThunderBird to a bookmark folder on the same...

I started a project not to long ago. I received various emails trying to help out. Since I have 2 computers I would like to combine all the emails onto my primary laptop. Once this done, I would like to create a new file in the bookmark section and transfer everything into it. Copy and paste does not work and I do not often use links except when I create V lockups in Excel.

Can what I what to do be done??? Both computers are Windows 10. I really would like some input on this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

:)

BruceLague, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Transferring files to another folder. Speed issue.

There's various reasons, the more files, the slower the transfer as each has to be initiated and completed, so if you had a few large ISO's or ZIP files, that would go faster. Many files and folders will slow down.

There's chipset limitations, hard drive limitations, OS limitations, other hardware limitations that can slow you down. Though 15MB/s seems kinda slow depending on the file(s) being transferred. Mine usually jumps around but averages in the 80MB/s-range between drives on the same system or on my home network. Though I prefer to do large single-file transfers as they are much faster in my experience.

Kursah, Dec 26, 2020
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows Live Issue & Thunderbird folders

Hi Allan

Windows Live Mail

Could be a corrupt WLM database. I suggest you try the following (assuming you use the default location of the WLM data).

Warning - this process will remove your email accounts and all emails in the mail boxes and Storage Folders

• Close Windows Live Mail
    • In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft, locate the Windows Live Mail folder
    • Make a backup of the Windows Live Mail folder on a flash drive or somewhere else. (With this backup you will at least be able to view individual mail messages)
    • Delete the Windows Live Mail Folder
    • Restart Windows Live Mail - it should behave like when it first installed, requesting your account details etc.

Thunderbird

Which INI files did you rename? If you didn't rename any ini files in the folder C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles, do the following:

• Close Thunderbird
    • Make a backup copy of C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles
    • Delete the folder
    • Uninstall Thunderbird
    • Reinstall Thunderbird but don't start it
    • Restore the above folder fro the backup
    • Start Thunderbird.

If that doesn't work try playing around with the Thunderbird Profile Manager

• Hold Windows key and tap R, enter the following exactly with quotes etc. in the "Open" box, OK
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -P
    • If you see "Default User", select it and tick "Use the selected profile without asking at startup"
    • Click Start Thunderbird and see if your profile (messages, accounts, contacts) appears
    • If not, close Thunderbird, Start the Thunderbird Profile Manager again
    • This time click "Create profile" to start a wizard, click Next
    • Enter a profile name, click Choose folder
    • See if you can locate your profile folder, select it. Start Thunderbird

John582n, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Transfer various email files in a folder in ThunderBird to a bookmark folder on the same...

Wanted:Automated email program that monitors a folder

Does anyone know of a program that can be setup in Windows XP to monitor a specified folder and email any files that appear in that folder. Even better would be to email the text from within those files - but I think this may be asking too much.

EnglishLion, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Transfer various email files in a folder in ThunderBird to a bookmark folder on the same...

1. Transfer various email files in a folder in ThunderBird to a bookmark folder on the same... - Similar Threads - Transfer various email

2. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  3. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  4. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  5. emailing a file or folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emailing a file or folder: I need to email a file but can't figure out how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailing-a-file-or-folder/94e57c01-b7a1-40d8-b4b1-9dbf652c88f2
  6. Transferring bookmarks

Transferring bookmarks: How can I transfer all my bookmarks in Windows 10 to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-bookmarks/0c7020a5-4f28-4e65-87df-0ce5da3ad30a
  7. "new folders" in firefox bookmarks

"new folders" in firefox bookmarks: When setting up "new folders" in firefox bookmarks to add to, I ended up with several files named "new folder". The computer jumped ahead of my typing. How do I delete these empty "new folder"s? I can't find that or how could I change their name and use them?...
  8. File transfer to another folder

File transfer to another folder: How do you send a file in user downloads to a folder in Computer Hard Disc Drives OS C:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-to-another-folder/dfe02b69-da6e-4a1b-af29-f4b3fa986fe7
  9. transfering emails to document folders

transfering emails to document folders: Hi I have updated windows 10 home from windows 8 on laptop my problem is transfering emails to document folders. when ive read my emails click the 3 dots top right opens a box , click on save as and it opens my document box , find were I want to save it and open, before I...
  10. Transfering Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering Bookmarks: Trying to Transfer Bookmarks from Windows 7 to 10 on new PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/transfering-bookmarks/161998a1-aac3-4749-a2a9-5b71e355c2f0