Windows 10: transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

Discus and support transfer W10 pro from a broken PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my PC failed to restart in the process of a windows update. I got a black screen. no bios. so rather than faff around I have bought another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NigelHiorns, May 19, 2020.

1. transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

Hello,

my PC failed to restart in the process of a windows update. I got a black screen. no bios. so rather than faff around I have bought another PC.

I have the OS drive from my old PC and all info on that can be accessed. Is there any way that I can transfer my w10 pro to my new PC?

thanks

:)

NigelHiorns, May 19, 2020

2. W10 pro

I have a PC running W10 pro which has died, can I transfer the license to a new PC I have purchased running W10 home

BrianJenkinsXX, May 19, 2020
  3. Transferring W10 Pro license to me?

Hello,

My neighbor passed away recently. His family gave me his pc which is running Windows 10 Pro installed on a refurb pc. I own a pc with Win 10 Home OEM. Is there a way for me to transfer the product key & license to myself and upgrade my pc to W10 Pro?

Thanks,

Gary

JamesPrudhomme, May 19, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 19, 2020
Thema:

transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

1. transfer W10 pro from a broken PC - Similar Threads - transfer W10 pro

2. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?: Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac. Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two. There must be a simpler way. Yes ? They...
  3. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  4. Upgrading PC and transfering W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading PC and transfering W10: Hello ! I am quite a noob when it comes to PC but I learn fast ! Three years ago I had a custom built gaming PC delivered on which the compagny that built my PC installed W10, now I feel like some components deserve to be replaced, notably the Motherboard. I read that...
  5. Windows 10 transfer from broken computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 transfer from broken computer.: I upgraded to a retail version of windows 7 from vista and then upgraded to windows 10 for free. The computer that received these upgrades stopped working last year and I do not have the product key. I finally got a new one and tried to activate windows digitally but could...
  6. How to transfer W10 key from non working pc to new pc?

How to transfer W10 key from non working pc to new pc?: My pc has stopped working and I have built a new one I need to install windows to the new pc, how can i reactivate the new key and the install files onto the new pc?...
  7. Transferring W10 Pro license to me?

Transferring W10 Pro license to me?: Hello, My neighbor passed away recently. His family gave me his pc which is running Windows 10 Pro installed on a refurb pc. I own a pc with Win 10 Home OEM. Is there a way for me to transfer the product key & license to myself and upgrade my pc to W10 Pro? Thanks,...
  8. Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?

Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?: So my old laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10, but recently it broke. So now I have a new PC and I was wondering if there was any way to get the product key off of my old computer and use it for this one? There's no way for me to access my old computer at all, but it is...
  9. Digital product key transfer - Broken PC to new Pc

Digital product key transfer - Broken PC to new Pc: Hi, I had a digital product key on my old pc - this is still linked to my Microsoft account. I was wondering if there is any way to move over my old windows product key to my new pc when i don't have access to the old PC any more. Both of the pc's are linked to my...
  10. can't install w10 on a "broken" pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't install w10 on a "broken" pc: Hello. Yesterday my pc broke. It wont start. It keeps loading on the start up screen for ages. It has something to do with my SO. So im trying to boot a W10 iso from a DVD. When i do it it starts loading files but then it appears a black screen with a white mouse which i can...