Windows 10: transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

Discus and support transfer W10 pro from a broken PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my PC failed to restart in the process of a windows update. I got a black screen. no bios. so rather than faff around I have bought another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NigelHiorns, May 19, 2020.

1. transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

Hello,

my PC failed to restart in the process of a windows update. I got a black screen. no bios. so rather than faff around I have bought another PC.

I have the OS drive from my old PC and all info on that can be accessed. Is there any way that I can transfer my w10 pro to my new PC?

thanks

:)

NigelHiorns, May 19, 2020

2. W10 pro

I have a PC running W10 pro which has died, can I transfer the license to a new PC I have purchased running W10 home

BrianJenkinsXX, May 19, 2020
  3. Transferring W10 Pro license to me?

Hello,

My neighbor passed away recently. His family gave me his pc which is running Windows 10 Pro installed on a refurb pc. I own a pc with Win 10 Home OEM. Is there a way for me to transfer the product key & license to myself and upgrade my pc to W10 Pro?

Thanks,

Gary

JamesPrudhomme, May 19, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 19, 2020
Thema:

transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

1. transfer W10 pro from a broken PC - Similar Threads - transfer W10 pro

2. Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.: Purchased retail W10 Pro in April. Installed in a VM in Hyper-V for screenshots. Disabled the VM. Now want to upgrade a new W10 Home PC. product key "didn't work."...
  3. Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?: I'm getting a new computer. Can I de-activate my Windows 10 Pro license on my current PC, then activate on my new PC, or do I have to buy a second copy? Thanks. 182551
  4. Transferring W10 from laptop to brand new PC...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring W10 from laptop to brand new PC...?: I've been googling all night, trying to find some way contacting Microsoft but no company has a "contact" section anymore, it's pathetic. I've read many guides on how to, but they're all vague and different. So I'm none the wiser. I want to: Activate W10 on a PC I'm gonna...
  5. Windows transfer rights from broken PC.

Windows transfer rights from broken PC.: I built a computer a few years ago and bought Windows for the machine from newegg.com. Recently the machine died. I am unable to access the device to retrieve the product key. Is there no way to receive a new product key? I do by chance have my Product ID from the...
  6. Transfer photos from Motorola (L6) phone to W10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer photos from Motorola (L6) phone to W10 PC: I've tried, but the best I have managed is to get an Icon for the Phone in my Devices and Printers using USB The PC does not seem to have Bluetooth to be able to recognise the Motorola when it transmitting "Find Me" next to the PC. Is BlueTooth supported in my Free Version...
  7. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  8. Upgrading PC and transfering W10

Upgrading PC and transfering W10: Hello ! I am quite a noob when it comes to PC but I learn fast ! Three years ago I had a custom built gaming PC delivered on which the compagny that built my PC installed W10, now I feel like some components deserve to be replaced, notably the Motherboard. I read that...
  9. Transferring W10 Pro license to me?

Transferring W10 Pro license to me?: Hello, My neighbor passed away recently. His family gave me his pc which is running Windows 10 Pro installed on a refurb pc. I own a pc with Win 10 Home OEM. Is there a way for me to transfer the product key & license to myself and upgrade my pc to W10 Pro? Thanks,...
  10. can't install w10 on a "broken" pc

can't install w10 on a "broken" pc: Hello. Yesterday my pc broke. It wont start. It keeps loading on the start up screen for ages. It has something to do with my SO. So im trying to boot a W10 iso from a DVD. When i do it it starts loading files but then it appears a black screen with a white mouse which i can...