Windows 10: Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Discus and support Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChristopherTomka, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012.

In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time.

I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903.

I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home this week. I will be retiring the original Laptop purchased in 2012.

Can I transfer my Win 10 Pro licence on the retired laptop to the new Laptop ?

I am getting mixed answers from the Sales people.

:)

ChristopherTomka, Aug 4, 2019

2. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012.

In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time.

I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903.

I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home this week. I will be retiring the original Laptop purchased in 2012.

Can I transfer my Win 10 Pro licence on the retired laptop to the new Laptop ?

I am getting mixed answers from the Sales people.

ChristopherTomka, Oct 1, 2019
  3. NayAung Win User
    Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, Oct 1, 2019
  4. MarkV48 Win User

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC.

I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again 0xc004f050).

I phoned the call center and after 20 unsuccessful minutes were cut off. Please assist if anyone can help?

MarkV48, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

1. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro Licence

2. Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer: I have Windows 10 Pro licence retail, not OEM on an old computer that does not meet requirements for upgrade to Win 11. The licence is linked to my Microsoft account.I plan to discard the old computer and use the licence for a new virtual Windows machine. I want to utilize a...
  3. Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer: I have Windows 10 Pro licence retail, not OEM on an old computer that does not meet requirements for upgrade to Win 11. The licence is linked to my Microsoft account.I plan to discard the old computer and use the licence for a new virtual Windows machine. I want to utilize a...
  4. Transferring a Win 10 Pro licence from a laptop to a Desktop Which has WIn 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Win 10 Pro licence from a laptop to a Desktop Which has WIn 10 Home: Hi,I have two devices both with retail versions of Win 10. I basically want to swap the licences as one is Pro and One is Home. They are both on my microsoft account under devices and I wanted to know the best way to do this.If it helps. Laptop has win 10 pro and Desktop has...
  5. Transferring a Win 10 Pro licence from a laptop to a Desktop Which has WIn 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a Win 10 Pro licence from a laptop to a Desktop Which has WIn 10 Home: Hi,I have two devices both with retail versions of Win 10. I basically want to swap the licences as one is Pro and One is Home. They are both on my microsoft account under devices and I wanted to know the best way to do this.If it helps. Laptop has win 10 pro and Desktop has...
  6. Transferring a Win 10 Pro licence from a laptop to a Desktop Which has WIn 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home

Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home: I have purchased a new computer with Win 10 Home. I have an old computer which was upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. It is activated digitally. I want to down grade the old computer to Win 10 Home and upgrade the new one from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. The cost of...
  8. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...
  9. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...
  10. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...