Windows 10: transfer win 10 to new pc

Discus and support transfer win 10 to new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i already made post regarding this but i guess could not clearly explain there so i am buying new desktop assembled pc and i want to use same key and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tushar_gamer, Dec 27, 2020.

1. transfer win 10 to new pc

i already made post regarding this but i guess could not clearly explain there so i am buying new desktop assembled pc and i want to use same key and microsoft account i am using currently in my old pc . now my windows 10 home is retail version came with USB stick. i use microsoft account as an admin so key is linked to my microsoft account. so, how do i deactivate delete in my old pc and activate in new pc note: i sign in with microsoft account and win automatically gets activated

:)

tushar_gamer, Dec 27, 2020

2. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC

I have a PC running Win 10 Home.

I have purchased a new PC running OEM-installed Win 10 Professional.

Becasue EasyTransfer is not included in Win 10, I have purchased the Microsoft-recommended solution, Laplink PC Transfer.

When carrying out the transfer, Laplink causes the new PCs operating system to revert to Win 10 Home. The Win 10 Pro disk supplied with the new PC cannot be used to upgrade to Win 10 Pro after the transfer, but I was able to use it to do a clean re-install
    of Win 10 Pro. If I then carry out the Lapllink transfer again, the new PC again reverts to Win 10 Home. I have raised this with Laplink now in 3 separate service calls, and failed to get an answer.

Advice or suggestions, please.

How do I transfer everything to my new PC and still retain the Win 10 Pro OS I paid for?

DavidRSmith107, Dec 27, 2020
  4. PKJ
    pkj Win User

transfer win 10 to new pc

Transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC

I have purchased a new PC and I would like to transfer Windows license from my old PC to the new one. I am using Windows 10 (which was upgraded from Win 8.1) on my older computer and is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. On my new PC, I have installed fresh copy of Win 10 using Media Creation Tool. To activate Windows on the new PC, I attempted the following, but have not deactivated Windows on the old PC (deactivation procedure described here)-

Settings > Update & Security > Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Logged into my connected Microsoft account > This is the device I’m using right now > Activate.

After performing the above, I am unable to activate Windows on my new PC. Please help me with the following-

1. Do I need to deactivate windows on older PC first?
    2. Does Microsoft entitle users to transfer licenses to new PC?
    3. Is there anything else which I have missed out?

If this helps- slmgr -dli gives the following

transfer win 10 to new pc LTP2X.jpg

Thema:

transfer win 10 to new pc

1. transfer win 10 to new pc - Similar Threads - transfer

2. Transferring Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Product Key: Hi there,I got a Microsoft product key in 2019 when I got new laptop starting university. I have now finished university and I have just gotten a new laptop and wish to tranfer this product key across. However, I cannot login to see the product key as I initially used my...
  3. Transferring Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Product Key: Hi there,I got a Microsoft product key in 2019 when I got new laptop starting university. I have now finished university and I have just gotten a new laptop and wish to tranfer this product key across. However, I cannot login to see the product key as I initially used my...
  4. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  5. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  6. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  7. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  8. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...
  9. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...
  10. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067